Panther male won’t eat just wants out his enclosure

Hyperian

Ok I’m really starting to worry about my 14 month old Panther -

All he wants to do is be out of his enclosure he had everything in there he needs baring in mind it’s only been the last 2 weeks he wants out we’ve not changed anything within his enclosure

Basking between 80-90
Linuer tube 10% UV
Plus 100 watt heat UV uva 3 in one
Calcium dust every feed
D3 twice weekly
Humidity 60-70
Misting 3-4 times

Enclosure has lots of live plants I will upload picture of enclosure

He’s always ate really well , but since we have got him out a few times he’s just reallykean on coming out rather than in his enclosure

He’s drinking great he’s very active and he’ has a very strong grip

Today is a week he’s not ate anything.
Tried crickets , Dubai, wax worms , locust
Mario worms

We’re also waiting on a stool sample from the vets. Should hear Tuesday hopefully

Please help

Attachments

• 0864FA42-E3E1-49D7-97AC-1C0340867B72.jpeg
    0864FA42-E3E1-49D7-97AC-1C0340867B72.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 94
View attachment 211765

I wouldn’t worry I experience this during the warmer months.

My year old male is doing the same thing, frantically clawing to get out! He almost flies out when I open the door.

I believe he is determined to find a mate!?

Thank you for your response @raven1139

You have a very handsome boy :) :)

Yes we have had lots of hot weather going into the 30’s :/

Ah glad I’m not the only one experiencing this behaviour :/ all he wants to do is come out every opportunity he gets ? Tapping on the glass , an when I open the doors he fly’s out onto me and refuses to take from his feeder cup ? I’ve left wax worms in his dish but still he’s not interested

Xx

Thank you for your response @raven1139

You have a very handsome boy :) :)

Yes we have had lots of hot weather going into the 30’s :/

Ah glad I’m not the only one experiencing this behaviour :/ all he wants to do is come out every opportunity he gets ? Tapping on the glass , an when I open the doors he fly’s out onto me and refuses to take from his feeder cup ? I’ve left wax worms in his dish but still he’s not interested

Xx
Also yes that’s a good point ? Maybe he’s trying to find a female ?

Ok I’m really starting to worry about my 14 month old Panther -

All he wants to do is be out of his enclosure he had everything in there he needs baring in mind it’s only been the last 2 weeks he wants out we’ve not changed anything within his enclosure

Basking between 80-90
Linuer tube 10% UV
Plus 100 watt heat UV uva 3 in one
Calcium dust every feed
D3 twice weekly
Humidity 60-70
Misting 3-4 times

Enclosure has lots of live plants I will upload picture of enclosure

He’s always ate really well , but since we have got him out a few times he’s just reallykean on coming out rather than in his enclosure

He’s drinking great he’s very active and he’ has a very strong grip

Today is a week he’s not ate anything.
Tried crickets , Dubai, wax worms , locust
Mario worms

We’re also waiting on a stool sample from the vets. Should hear Tuesday hopefully

Please help

You shouldn’t dust with D3 twice a week. it should be about once every 3 weeks and a multivitamin once every 3 weeks also but on a opposite schedule as the D3. They can overdose on D3 if they take in to much.

Ah ok we were told by our excotic vet D3 twice a week , we did it every 3-4 weeks before so will go back to that, he had BSP drops in his water which is vitamin A

I have a couple that always want out. They sleep next to the door on a vine, and scratch on the screen until their nails wear down. I have others that do not want any kind of attention. Once you spoil them with going out of their cage they never want to stay in it, also if you want my thoughts on vitamin A, there’s preformed vitamin A found in meat, poultry, fish, it’s mainly found in organs. Then there is provitamin A found in plants, beta carotene is the most common form of provitamin A found in carrots and such. The more important one to be supplemented would be preformed vitamin a, for the fact that as long as you have a good gutload there should be no lack in beta carotene.

What I do, I use vitamin A 10,000 iu from fish liver oil and retinyl palmitate, I put a pin size drop on the back of a cricket for each of my chameleons once a month. I was given this advice from a very knowledgeable chameleon keeper/breeder.

View attachment 211765

I wouldn’t worry I experience this during the warmer months.

My year old male is doing the same thing, frantically clawing to get out! He almost flies out when I open the door.

I believe he is determined to find a mate!?
Hi I just recently got a 3 month old panther 3 days ago and I haven’t seen him eat is this normal?

Hi I just recently got a 3 month old panther 3 days ago and I haven’t seen him eat is this normal?

Hi there, and welcome to the forums. In the future, please make your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's. It is difficult for us to keep track of whom we are advising, when people other than the OP chime in with their own questions.

Your situation is not at all unusual. Just give the chameleon a lot of space for the first couple of weeks, they do not like having to acclimate to a new home

Hi there, and welcome to the forums. In the future, please make your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's. It is difficult for us to keep track of whom we are advising, when people other than the OP chime in with their own questions.

Your situation is not at all unusual. Just give the chameleon a lot of space for the first couple of weeks, they do not like having to acclimate to a new home
Ok and thank you very much

Ok and thank you

You’re not alone! Since I’ve been letting my male veiled out, that’s allllll he wants to do. He hasn’t eaten anything that I’ve seen in a few days. However, it is super hot and humid here.

You shouldn’t dust with D3 twice a week. it should be about once every 3 weeks and a multivitamin once every 3 weeks also but on a opposite schedule as the D3. They can overdose on D3 if they take in to much.

I was told in the pet store that I should dust with the calcium +D3 every time and multivitamin once a week. Have I been Cami? I’ve only had her a week but if I’m hurting her I need to know...

D3 only allows them to absorb calcium into there bones. If your chameleon gets direct sunlight daily they will naturally produce vitamin D3 themselves. But with no sunlight you have to substitute it with dusting them once every 3 weeks with calcium with D3, and every other day with calcium without D3, plus a multivitamin every 3 weeks but on an opposite schedule as the D3. plus a uvb light setup. All that calcium will do nothing without having a uvb light to allow the chameleon to take it in, also the help of a good safe heat lamp to keep good bloodflow so nothing builds up then hits them in large doses.

I have a uvb and heat lamp going. I need to upgrade to a digital thermometer so I can track both hot / cool side, I used to have the heat lamp in the front left but she seemed a little too warm there so I moved it over. Besides the thermometer is there anything I’m missing in her little abode?

I’m still very new to this, my girlfriend and I went to the store intending to buy a ball python, which we had researched, but fell in love with Cami.
she was sharing a tiny 12x12x18 tank with another female and a small male, we wanted to give her a better home.

Ps I plan to get her a taller living space soon as I can afford. This was the largest the pet store had that we could afford at the time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 76
I have a uvb and heat lamp going.Besides the thermometer is there anything I’m missing in her little abode?

You need a linear bulb for her and you need to add live plants and remove the ground cover. You need live plants, It will be tough to maintain proper humidity without live plants. Consider removing the fake grass, it will get full of stank and bacteria in no time. Start your own thread asking questions after reading the caresheets here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Back
Top Bottom