Panther Hatchling help!

Deanners83

My panther cham hatched yesterday. Its my first time taking care of a hatchling. I watched every video on chameleon academy and own other chameleons. Not a complete newbie but still lots to learn. So, I have a T5 5.0 on top of the enclosure. It is lifted, so it isn't to strong for the little guy. But he's now climbing the screen top.... I then took off the spacers so the uvb was a bit closer(now sitting directly on top) and its still climbing. Is it not strong enough? I was told they only climb if the uvb isn't placed close enough(by the breeder) What should I check? I need help trouble shooting. also, the screen cage is a zoo med. The screen is pretty thick,which is why I attempted to sit the uvb on top. Help!

Attachments

• 20230302_131441.jpg
    20230302_131441.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 59
Hi. :) You’ll definitely want to keep both your basking and uvb lights at least a few inches above the screen to prevent burns. Baby chams are active and seem to enjoy that they are able to walk upside down along the screen top. What are your basking temps? For a baby it should be around but no higher than 80.

Back
Top Bottom