panther feed

Cianb

Hi everyone I was wondering what you feed your panther chameleon, currently I feed my baby cham locust cricket fruit flys and wax worms is there any more suggestions on what to feed on as i would like to try him on something different

Hi everyone I was wondering what you feed your panther chameleon, currently I feed my baby cham locust cricket fruit flys and wax worms is there any more suggestions on what to feed on as i would like to try him on something different
How old is he?

For babies, fruit flies, very small super worms, dubia nymphs. I know a breeder who feeds babies (under 4 months) mostly bean beetles. Apparently they are very nutritious but I have not seen research on this... It worked for that breeder.

You can also get hornworm and silkworm eggs, hatch them, and raise them to the appropriate size

i dont know his real age but i got him in August he was very tiny then but hes grown bigger now. I feed him 3rd size insects
What are 3rd sized insects? Wax worms should only be given as an occasional treat. Good feeders are snails, mantids, stick insects, hornworms, silkworms, butterworms, crickets, multiple types of flies and fly larvae, and multiple types of roaches. Isopods and bean beetles work great for smaller chameleons. Never feed mealworms, and superworms should only be given as a treat or to occasionally add variety.

What are 3rd sized insects? Wax worms should only be given as an occasional treat. Good feeders are snails, mantids, stick insects, hornworms, silkworms, butterworms, crickets, multiple types of flies and fly larvae, and multiple types of roaches. Isopods and bean beetles work great for smaller chameleons. Never feed mealworms, and superworms should only be given as a treat or to occasionally add variety.
yeah I know I always feed him wax worms often than not in England 3rd size insects are bigger than hatchlings

3rd size is probably the same as 1/3 sized. Meaning 1/3 of the way grown. With crickets, I believe that is the same as 3 weeks old.

ERKleROSE meantioned stick insects. They are more of a pain than roaches but way cool. There are many sticks that are kept as pets in the UK that we have a hard time getting. Many dont need a male to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom