Panther Enclosure Completed :-)

iTsJusTMe

Well almost completed my 30" ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 should be on my doorsteps in less then 3 hours and my Ambilobe Panther should be here tomorrow before or at 10:30. So excited haha but anyways list of things in the enclosure.

•18''Wx30''Lx48''H screen cage that i built myself :D
•Some treated branches from back yard.
•3 small vines and 1 large
•Two Zoomed digital thermometers (One side of cage reads 90.5 and the other reads 76.5)
•One Zoomed humidity gauge (Humidity is at 65-75 at most times)
•some fake foliage
•Ficus tree,Umbrella tree,Bromeliad plant and 2 Spider Plants (live)
•75w basking light which has basking area from 85º-90º and 2' grow light
•Mistking starter system
•Walgreens dual ultrasonic humidifier
•Some 2" rocks on top of topsoil/sand

I put a lot of time and effort into this and already wanting to do it again for another cham :D. Open to any suggestions thanks.

Attachments

kgallego

Well almost completed my 30" ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 should be on my doorsteps in less then 3 hours and my Ambilobe Panther should be here tomorrow before or at 10:30. So excited haha but anyways list of things in the enclosure.

•18''Wx30''Lx48''H screen cage that i built myself :D
•Some treated branches from back yard.
•3 small vines and 1 large
•Two Zoomed digital thermometers (One side of cage reads 90.5 and the other reads 76.5)
•One Zoomed humidity gauge (Humidity is at 65-75 at most times)
•some fake foliage
•Ficus tree,Umbrella tree,Bromeliad plant and 2 Spider Plants (live)
•75w basking light which has basking area from 85º-90º and 2' grow light
•Mistking starter system
•Walgreens dual ultrasonic humidifier
•Some 2" rocks on top of topsoil/sand

I put a lot of time and effort into this and already wanting to do it again for another cham :D. Open to any suggestions thanks.
Looks fairly similar to my system. I noticed you're using the same exact ultrasonic humidifier that I use.

I'm in the process of building one also. A couple neat features that I'm adding are:

- Side-by-side 24" x 24" x 48" (Two cages, so total size 24" x 48" x 48")
- Red Oak Wood frame
- Glass doors on front, glass panels on back
- Aluminum Screen on top, Aluminum Screen on 24" x 48" sides
- Build in 11" deep Soil planter box on bottom for live plants (no pots)
- Build in misting system, mists from all 4 top corners and from 4 edges 1/2 way down (8 nozzles per cage, 16 total: Mist parts and nozzles bought from mistcooling.com)
- Enclosed from Eye view box at the top to house all lights
- 48" vertical light runners on inside edges behind door. Manually controlled and for display only (not on all the time)

Here's the work in progress:

kgallego

Lol, the funny thing is that this is going to be, with the potting soil, about a 400 lb cage to house two 3 oz lizards, lol.

Yak

cant wait to see your finish project on the wood cage,

congrats to the maker of the aluminum screen cage. I bet that was hard.

show us your new baby

iTsJusTMe

cant wait to see your finish project on the wood cage,

congrats to the maker of the aluminum screen cage. I bet that was hard.

show us your new baby
The cage looks great man. Your new little guy is gonna have a blast exploring that setup.
Looks VERY nice, great job!
Thanks guys :D

Lol, the funny thing is that this is going to be, with the potting soil, about a 400 lb cage to house two 3 oz lizards, lol.
thats some good craftsmanship there good job.

NorCalAnthony

Avid Member
ItsJusTMe: Your cage looks really good. Only thing I'd suggest is to add some more vines/branches for horizontal pathways towards the top. I noticed with my chams that they like to be up high and would climb the screen sides until I filled in the cage with more pathways up where they wanted to be. Looks great so far, you're going to have one lucky little cham:)

Kgallego: Wow looks great so far. Only thing I'd recommend is installing some casters to make it easier to move around. The solid oak cage I built easily weighs a couple hundred pounds or more with all the plants so I installed some heavy duty casters from Home Depot to make it easy to move. They cost a little extra but they're a real life saver if you ever have to move the cage for cleaning or when it comes tome to move. Great job so far:)

Last edited:

iTsJusTMe

They are both awesome cages.
:cool:

ItsJusTMe: Your cage looks really good. Only thing I'd suggest is to add some more vines/branches for horizontal pathways towards the top. I noticed with my chams that they like to be up high and would climb the screen sides until I filled in the cage with more pathways up where they wanted to be. Looks great so far, you're going to have one lucky little cham:)
You know now that you mentioned that I I think I do need some more horizontal branches. Thanks gonna go in the back yard and start gathering some branches to work with. :)

Top Bottom