panther eggs

pmdavalos

i have a ??? for everyone that knows about panther eggs.my panther laid 26 eggs about 3weeks ago and i toke a look at them today and the have mold on them what did i do wrong there in a rubber maid box and tem is 76 and their in vermiculite.:(

I don't know anything about panther eggs, but I'm sure people will be able to help more if you let them know the humidity they were being kept at......also, was there a lot of condensation in the tub?
I do know however, that no matter how well you treat them, infertile eggs will fail so it maybe it was just a bad clutch? :confused:

they were fertile eggs.and yes there was water at the top of the lid.i don't know the humidity inside..

Looks like you had too much water. I find that the chunky vermiculite is better for air flow around the underside of the eggs than the fine stuff . Also mix water with your vermiculite 1:1 by weight. And I always punch 5 holes in the lid with a push pin.

At least take the cover off for awhile and let the vermiculite dry out a bit. Be sure to do the squeeze some between the fingers test and make sure you aren't squeezing out water. You should feel some dampness.

The only vermiculite I could find was the fine stuff...I'm using it but don't like it. I monitor the eggs once a week and make sure the temps stay fairly cool.

Good luck. Hopefully you can save some.

BokaJan.. thats good advice . Another way to quickly remedy over watering of the media is to add more dry media; it will balance the water to media ratio quickly.

Back
Top Bottom