Panther eggs

erik775

Established Member
I recently bought a exo Terra incubator...I know there not all that great...but its here now:( and I gotta use it...so my problem is that the temp won't stay constant it keeps going from 71.7 to 75.0 through out the day...its like as soon as it gets to 71 the heat kicks on and it warms back up to where its supposed to be.then it slowly drops and then kicks back up...would this sycle effect my eggs incubating since its not holding a steady temperature or should they be on incubating this way?
It seems like its doing this like every hour or two...
So it is heating and cooling its just not keeping a constant temp...

Are you going off the temp it reads on the top of the incubator? I have one and it will fluctuate as you said, usually between the temp you have it set at and then 5 degrees above that temp. But if you place a digital thermometer in the incubator you will see the temp inside shouldn't change much at all. I have mine set at 73 on the incubator but the temp inside will remain between 69.7-70.2 all the time.

Are you going off the temp it reads on the top of the incubator? I have one and it will fluctuate as you said, usually between the temp you have it set at and then 5 degrees above that temp. But if you place a digital thermometer in the incubator you will see the temp inside shouldn't change much at all. I have mine set at 73 on the incubator but the temp inside will remain between 69.7-70.2 all the time.

No I have two thermometers in side the incubator...

I have one as well and I have a thermometer inside and it stays the temp I set it at. It only fluctuates a degree or so. The outside temp will read something different. I think that's the temp it uses to keep the inside at the correct level.

i wouldn't trust your eggs w/ those incubators. unless you want to spend a ton of money to buy a really trustworthy incubator, then i would just use the closet method. too many issues reported w/ those incubators.

i wouldn't trust your eggs w/ those incubators. unless you want to spend a ton of money to buy a really trustworthy incubator, then i would just use the closet method. too many issues reported w/ those incubators.

Wish I could do the closet method but my house gets tooooo cold at note...so its bad for the eggs even if it only fluctuates like 5° cuz I keep it at 75 and it will slowly lower to 70 slow then when it gets to 70 it goes back up to like 74

Wish I could do the closet method but my house gets tooooo cold at note...so its bad for the eggs even if it only fluctuates like 5° cuz I keep it at 75 and it will slowly lower to 70 slow then when it gets to 70 it goes back up to like 74
how often does it fluctuate? are talking hourly or just during the night and day?

It seems like it does it a couple times through out the day...
i don't think you need to worry about it if it fluctuates just a couple times a day. i use the closet method and my closet temps fluctuate. you're never going to get a steady temp unless you use an incubator and i don't mean a $100 one. you'll have to spend a lot of money...you get what you pay for.

i don't think you need to worry about it if it fluctuates just a couple times a day. i use the closet method and my closet temps fluctuate. you're never going to get a steady temp unless you use an incubator and i don't mean a $100 one. you'll have to spend a lot of money...you get what you pay for.

Dang I think I was better off with a couple blankets a heating pad and a zilla temp...control gauge with an extra thermometer it seemed to keep a pretty dam steady temp that way..

It seems like all the eggs when bad I threw more than half of them away
Because the fuzzed up on me

Back
Top Bottom