panther eating leaves,

Oski

Hi there:), I have noticed today, that one of my 5 month old ish male panthers, was on his pothos and eating a few of the dry/dead leafs,He done it once then I saw him look for another and then went for it,Also I have noticed him biting the
branches, a few times today,

Has anyone ever noticed this before with any of their panthers, I have never seen any of my panthers do this before, I have seen my veileds though,

Thanks

panthers will eat plant matter too its just not as common from what i have read. i would not worry about it unless you notice any health problems.

Hi,my panther,on the rare occasion,seems to home in to the odd dry/dead crispy leaf.He headed straight for it,then munched it down..The first time,i tried to retrieve it with no success.He was/is fine,they seem to know what they need.;-)
Vicky

both my chams do that as long as the plants arnt poisonous its fine.... ive also seen my vielded rip off peices of his vine.

yeah my male blaze loves chomping down on his ficus tree's. i also heard this was rare for panthers but my guy loves his greens he's been through 2 big plants already. so no worries buddy.

I have panthers (usually females) that eat plant leaves. Indeed one cage has to have a new pothos every few months because she devestates whatever is in there.

My last panther had quite a fondness for crispy, dry leaves (he also expressed considerable culinary interest in sticks and the chain on the porch swing, but he was a little weird.)

I've seen my Ambilobe chewing on dry leaves from his schefflera, and have caught him trying to chew on his jungle vine :eek: He loves to make me nervous!

My chams love to munch on veg from time to time. My veiled used to eat all sorts of greens and even fruit when he was young, and sometimes munch on his hibiscus and pothos, but now I only get a good feeding response from food that moves. As long as you repotted the plant with organic soil and/or covered the soil with rocks, and washed the plant with soapy water and then rinsed very well, let him eat away.

My faly used to chow down on his hibiscus leaves when I first got him. They're supposedly really healthy too, if I ever have any fall off I throw them in with my crickets for gutloading. He never ate any of his other plants that were in his cage though, and I used to have several different kinds in there, it was only his hibiscus.
He hasnt done it in a while, but also his plant has lost all it's leaves since I moved and rearranged cages a while back. I'm planning a trip this week to buy him a new plant, I wonder if he'll start leaf-eating again or whether he's grown out of it.

Back
Top Bottom