Panther Chams WONT Mate! HELP

vydalbabi

I have two ambilobes who just wont mate no matter what I do! We have been trying to get them together for the last 4 months and NOTHINg. My male is about a year and 8 months and around 200 grams and our female is about a year and 5 months and 115 grams. When we put them together sometimes she will seem interested by not darkening or gaping but then he never head bobs or pursues and sometimes he will get aggressive and start coloring up and puffing up like he thinks shes a male. Other times he just doesnt seem to care or she will gape and darken. I have tried putting him in her cage and putting her in his cage and even tried free ranging them outside together. She has not laid any clutches yet because we had her at a low temp and small diet because we heard its healthier for her since it will cause less infertile clutches. We thought that even at low temps and small diet that once she saw a male she would either mate or become gravid with an infertile clutch. So about 2 months ago we uped her temps a little and started feeding her more but still nothing has changed! Is it possible they just dont like each other and never will? My bf thinks she is still too small to mate but ive heard after a year and 65 grams they are ready. Is it maybe because he is too big for her? He always leave sperm plugs every where but maybe he cant mate? Any tips would be great on how to get these two together.

Do you have access to a other male? If so, put the other male in front of him. He may be inclined to do the "deed" if he feels there's competition.

I have heard this as well. Unfortunately I only have these 2 chams and no friends with chams to try this. Would it work if I just put a picture of another male? lol or let him see himself on my phone? I know when I turn the camera on my phone on and let him see himself he gets pissed

I have heard this as well. Unfortunately I only have these 2 chams and no friends with chams to try this. Would it work if I just put a picture of another male? lol or let him see himself on my phone? I know when I turn the camera on my phone on and let him see himself he gets pissed

I have no fewer than 12 horny males just looking for the chance.

Attachments

• redd.jpg
    redd.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 121
Lol the slow jams may work but the candlelight would probably just make them go to sleep! And what part of OC do u live in SSimsswiSS? I would be super grateful if u would let me use a smaller male for some motivation to my male or if u have any blue bar ambilobes maybe we could work some kind of deal out to breed him with my girl.
I have no fewer than 12 horny males just looking for the chance.

Let them bite, hiss each other a bit. Make up breeding is always better.

Seriously, just keep trying. The only hick up i can see..She may already have a group brewing. If you have someone near you with another male. You may want to give the guy a starring competition.

I've heard of using a mirror for the male to see himself in and get fired up thinking there is some competition around. It's worth a shot:cool:

all I did was put my male and female outside in a branch in the sun they did the rest....the head bobs where so funny!! it was like " hey" (head bob)"wazzz up"(head bob) classic I wish it was that easy when I was in school

Back
Top Bottom