Panther chameleons for cheaper

ChameleonClem

Established Member
Does anyone know if theres a way to get panther chameleon for under 200$?
I want one because of their colors and temperament but i hate to drop that much on it. I don't really care what locale it is, id like to have a male but i also like the females. Id prefer to start with a baby as well.

Not sure if theyre so high all year round or if its because of the winter?

Your price is determined by the reputation of the breeder... In other words proven quality. Cheap in chameleons tends to mean a breeder with little to no experience or a wild caught cham with health issues. You want a healthy chameleon because vet costs alone can be extremely expensive... Not to mention that a properly done enclosure will cost you 500-1k easily.

If you aren’t in a big rush, often people are looking to rehome their chameleons due to life changes and such. Usually it’s more important to some that their chameleon just get a very good home with someone who knows how to properly care for it rather than making back some of their money. Occasionally people will post here on the forum, so you’ll have to regularly check. Sometimes there are listings on CraigsList.
Also, do beware of ‘breeders’ or sellers that are selling at amazingly cheap prices. All too often those ‘deals’ end with great sadness and a loss of $$.

I am hesitant to recommend it, but there is a place that sells you a panther egg and you hatch it yourself. https://chameleons101.com/ While I don’t fully agree with it, it would be better to do that than buy from a sketchy seller.

Chameleon keeping is not a cheap hobby. The animal itself is only a small part of the total expense. Please don't buy one if you can't afford to properly take care of it.
I couldn't agree more investment in the initial set up pays off against potential heartbreak and expensive vet bills.

Costs of the following need to be considered
-set up inc housing, lighting, heating, hydration, instruments for peremeters, automation if have busy life ie, misting kit, thermostats, drainage etc.
-plants lots of plants already grown plants can be quite pricey and or décor. If bioactive then substrates and cuc
-feeding. Varied diet means lots of critters and then housing these which may have requirements like heating and lighting cycles, supplements, gut loading ingredients
-routine veterinary costs such as fecals occasional x-ray and or treatments if required.
-the electricity to run all the above
-then the animal itself which is best to get a good quality animal to begin with and due to the above needs will reflect in the price of the Chameleon
This list isn't inclusive there's probably lots I haven't thought of 😂

Does anyone know if theres a way to get panther chameleon for under 200$?
I want one because of their colors and temperament but i hate to drop that much on it. I don't really care what locale it is, id like to have a male but i also like the females. Id prefer to start with a baby as well.

Not sure if theyre so high all year round or if its because of the winter?
Did you ever find what you were looking for?
If not, then Hi😊
My name is Camilla aka Camiezone. I'm a smaller in-home hands on breeder. All mine are pure with excellent lineages. Currently I've lowered my prices, due to multiple clutches hatched within 2 months of each other. I have 2 different clutches of ambilobes a d 1 itch of ambanjas. The ambilobes are $ 200 for males and $ 75 for females. They range .5-3 months pure ybbb.
My ambanjas are $ 250 for males and $ 100 for females. They are almost 1 month old now, so not quite ready for new adventures just yet. They are blue with darker blue n red bars, will turn purple. All are stunning.
Please let me know if your interested😊
Hope to hear back,
Camilla

Back
Top Bottom