Panther chameleons enclosure

I really want them to live comfortably and happily and get a proper schedule I’ve always wanted a chameleon I was just unprepared for it to happen obviously
This already the best attitude you can have. You’re at the best place here and you will be overthrown with useful info. Just read everything carefully, don’t panic and make yourself a buying list. You still got time, so take your time in advance to do everything right for the future ✌🏻✌🏻

Must of us went through the same and at least with your attitude they’ll get their home they deserve 👏🏻

Last edited:
Okay first things first you have two mesh enclosures? Is this correct whatsize are they ? You will want 2 uvb lights i recommended arcadia 6% t5ho which your highest basking branch will be around 8 to 9 inches down from the top of your enclosures. You will need 2 basking fixtures with white lights no red ( you can use ordinary household bulbs) not led . Around 82 f i can't tell you what wattage as different places in the world vary so having different strengths on hand is good and see what works for you. Now supplements you will want a calcium supplement phosphorus free ,d3 free which you would lightly dust feeders at all feedings ( given their age feeding every day at present) then twice a month say the 1st and the 15th you will want to use a multivitamin with d3 say repti vit . I see you have analog temp/ humidity gauges best to get digital probes as they are more accurate one temp probe at the basking site you will want this one to read a couple of degrees lower than your expected or needed temp to allow for the size of your chams up to their back / head. As mentioned remove the bark this can become an ingestion risk . You can purchase feeders at full throttle feeders or make your own to keep track of what their eating i will add chart for this. Now as you probably already have enough to think about the enclosures will want to have lots more branches and live to create lots of cham highways and also create shaded areas and hiding spots these can be done by adding dragon strand ledges or you could purchase trellis fom a store attach them to your enclosure and run live branches across. I believe you will have enough to think about today . You have 2 beautiful babies 😍. If I have missed something feel free to ask anything, anytime. @ Klyde O'Scope do you have a link to those temp/ humidity gauges plz

Sorry its getting late in the uk my brain is starting to shut down lol. So with panthers you will want your daytime humidity around 50 to 70 ( ( some say 50/60 ) I use an automatic mister but if you're at home you can use a manual sprayer i also use a zoo med little dripper during the day. You could use your fogger ( only at night) and when temps drop below 65f ) when you can allow your humidity to go up to 100% if you can get it but 85% is good as they can hydrate while sleeping. Fake plants are ok as panthers are not known for eating plants but in my experience real plants are not only better for humidity air quality and s lot of the time cheaper than fake plants sold in reptile stores. Also check out casque above. Com. Good night 😀

Hi @Mbottone hope you are having a good day. Do you know when the previous owner bought your new babies and if he bought them together? Do you have any more photos. So I thought last night they where younger and gave you temps but now when you split them I would keep your girls basking spot no hotter than 78f ( higher temps and too much food = more eggs = more strain on your body . I seen kinyonga mentioned to about a lay bin 👍 your male can go higher 82/ 85 f. You asked about feeding i feed my girl every other day 3 to 5 feeders depending on what I'm feeding your male should be fine on this also . I keep a daily record this can be helpful for you to keep track of what supplement when and useful if you ever need a vet trip. @saltydog what you think about feeding ?

Attachments

• 20210717_211822.jpg
    20210717_211822.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 56
Ok how long have you had them . Do you have other pictures ? Do you know how long the other person had them in their care . I don't know how big they are as there is nothing in the pictures to compare them to. Has your girl ever shown any peachy colours.? Pictures of my girl for some comparison. How are you Currently feeding them I would recommend getting a feeder cup and watch how much they both eat. This is what I use its just washed out soup cup with garden wire to hook it onto a branch nothing fancy it just does what its supposed to .did you get any reading done ? Each individual cham will mature at different rates whether it be size or colour. It will take time and patience but if you are committed we will get you there 👌

Attachments

• 20210716_173021.jpg
    20210716_173021.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210701_131242.jpg
    20210701_131242.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210721_222036.jpg
    20210721_222036.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi @Mbottone where you able to make any progress on a second enclosure, lights and supplements do you have a picture of the calcium you are using?

Aww @Lindasjackson I don't so much feel bad I just feel frustrated i like to try to help ( in the past was mostly helping animals but since joining this forum I would like to try and help people to help animals the forum has been a big thing for me im not accustomed to ask for help but its a big deal when you do ask and there are members that are more than welcome to give there time to help you . Ps thank you

Back
Top Bottom