Panther Chameleon's enclosure update

Grayson Payne

Avid Member
If you guys saw my last post, you'll know that I received my first panther chameleon yesterday! And wow, it's been a rough two days with me stressing over everything ? Anyways, I had a dwarf umbrella tree that I planned on using only to find out that it is currently dying. Anyways, I got a Hawaiian Ti and put it in today. I'll attach pictures to see what you guys think. Also, how hot should it be directly under the screen beneath the light? Thanks!
IMG_8237.jpeg

If you guys saw my last post, you'll know that I received my first panther chameleon yesterday! And wow, it's been a rough two days with me stressing over everything ? Anyways, I had a dwarf umbrella tree that I planned on using only to find out that it is currently dying. Anyways, I got a Hawaiian Ti and put it in today. I'll attach pictures to see what you guys think. Also, how hot should it be directly under the screen beneath the light? Thanks!
View attachment 267139
If you hold your hand right under the screen and it is hot to you then it will be too hot for baby. This is the kammerflage baby right?

Well yes... I know what his basking temp should be. Basically I’m asking what it should be right under the screen.
That's why I suggested reviewing several care sheets. ;)

The high end of the ranges is where those temps should be. Basking temps usually apply to basking surfaces. I agree with the hand test; it's kinda like testing baby formula on your wrist. ☺

Can't tell how lit up your room is. I see you have a window so you might be alright, but crotons and most purple/darker plants will need pretty strong light. Just giving you the heads up incase they start to struggle.

Can't tell how lit up your room is. I see you have a window so you might be alright, but crotons and most purple/darker plants will need pretty strong light. Just giving you the heads up incase they start to struggle.
Thanks! The room has a total of 6 windows and two doors with windows on them, so there is plenty of natural sunlight to go around!

Back
Top Bottom