Panther chameleon

Bubblestheousaletchameleo

Established Member
Hi I just got a male Ambanja panther chameleon and I need a name for him so can you guys give him a name I’ll be posting pictures of him tomorrow because he’s sleeping

Names are highly subjective to the owner. Plus, I like to name my animals purely based on on what "fits" the animal. It's going to be hard for us to pick a name for an animal that we don't even know. I'd suggest that you make a list of names. Write a few names down here and there throughout the next days or weeks. Eventually it will be clear what you should name him. There aren't any names that are absolutely amazing on their own. The name has to match the animal to some extent.

I came up with a list of names for my jackson's chameleon. E.g Dark Matter, Water Bottle, Grommet, Aglet, etc. Eventually I decided on calling him Grommet. I didn't settle on a name until I was sure it fit him. There were some names that I liked, but it just didn't "fit" him. You can always change their name later on if you feel like the name doesn't work out at all.

Come up with a name by yourself. It will be much more rewarding picking an uncommon name rather than a name that has been used a million times. If you must, pick your top 5 names and create a poll here on the forums asking what people prefer. But at the end of the day, the decision is ultimately up to you.

Names are highly subjective to the owner. Plus, I like to name my animals purely based on on what "fits" the animal. It's going to be hard for us to pick a name for an animal that we don't even know. I'd suggest that you make a list of names. Write a few names down here and there throughout the next days or weeks. Eventually it will be clear what you should name him. There aren't any names that are absolutely amazing on their own. The name has to match the animal to some extent.

I came up with a list of names for my jackson's chameleon. E.g Dark Matter, Water Bottle, Grommet, Aglet, etc. Eventually I decided on calling him Grommet. I didn't settle on a name until I was sure it fit him. There were some names that I liked, but it just didn't "fit" him. You can always change their name later on if you feel like the name doesn't work out at all.

Come up with a name by yourself. It will be much more rewarding picking an uncommon name rather than a name that has been used a million times. If you must, pick your top 5 names and create a poll here on the forums asking what people prefer. But at the end of the day, the decision is ultimately up to you.
I love the name Grommet! Do you have a Wallace?

I love the name Grommet! Do you have a Wallace?
Haha, thanks!! I don't have a Wallace unfortunately. Though it's "Wallace and Gromit" and not Grommet for the movie. But I do love that movie series--it's awesome! I really like the stop motion animation they did with the clay!

Grommets are "rings used to protect holes in thin materials like fabrics, sheet metal, and carbon fiber." I got some metal grommets to modify an oversized jacket with an adjustable waste band. I had a pile of grommets lying in my room and I added it to the name list. The rest is history.

Though I wouldn't be against having a Wallace and Gromit duo in the future with some other chams!

Haha, thanks!! I don't have a Wallace unfortunately. Though it's "Wallace and Gromit" and not Grommet for the movie. But I do love that movie series--it's awesome! I really like the stop motion animation they did with the clay!

Grommets are "rings used to protect holes in thin materials like fabrics, sheet metal, and carbon fiber." I got some metal grommets to modify an oversized jacket with an adjustable waste band. I had a pile of grommets lying in my room and I added it to the name list. The rest is history.

Though I wouldn't be against having a Wallace and Gromit duo in the future with some other chams!
I sew (when the mood strikes) and am familiar with grommets. I was more inclined to think you named your cham after the cartoon dog rather than a sewing notion though. My bad. But here’s some trivia.
Gromit's name was inspired by Nick Park's older brother who was an electrician and could often be heard talking about grommets - rings or washers used in the trade, Nick thought this would make a great name for his canine creation.
It does make a cool name. :cool:

Come up with a name by yourself. It will be much more rewarding picking an uncommon name rather than a name that has been used a million times. [....] But at the end of the day, the decision is ultimately up to you.
(y)(y)

I think generic (albeit obscure/unusual) words (e.g. "Grommet") make for great pet names! All that's needed is a starting point (inspiration) and a few decent online... (What's another word for Thesaurus :oops: )

For example, https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/colorful

Hi I just got a male Ambanja panther chameleon and I need a name for him so can you guys give him a name I’ll be posting pictures of him tomorrow because he’s sleeping
Any name you choose is fine, though we probly should caution you...
If you name it Pascal or Rango...

1631105609885.png

I sew (when the mood strikes) and am familiar with grommets. I was more inclined to think you named your cham after the cartoon dog rather than a sewing notion though. My bad. But here’s some trivia.
Gromit's name was inspired by Nick Park's older brother who was an electrician and could often be heard talking about grommets - rings or washers used in the trade, Nick thought this would make a great name for his canine creation.
It does make a cool name. :cool:
Oh wow! I didn't know that! This is very intriguing news actually. I could just forgo getting a Gromit and just get a Wallace lol! Hey, and I'm with you on your inclination to think that I would name him after a cartoon rather than a sewing notion lol--it makes a lot more sense and seems less cold (y)

It definitely makes for a cool name!

Back
Top Bottom