Panther chameleon too small for its age

marcsman16

Established Member
My panther Cham is 5 months old but he is too small, about 3-4 inches long.
What could it be?
Here's a pic of him: IMG_20180827_194443.jpg
IMG_20180827_194443.jpg

There’s no way that’s 5 months old. Are you 100% sure? What makes you think it’s 5 months old?

If it is a 5 month highly unlikely though you could of been the runt of the eggs or have a geneticlly morphed drawf (also highly unlikely), most likely some one had multiple cluths and was selling them and said that they were all the same age and you were told wrong. But in the plus side he looks super healthy for the size that he is!

That's honestly not all that much bigger than my two month-old carpet chameleon! I would be really shocked if it was 5 months old. Where did you get it?

If it is a 5 month highly unlikely though you could of been the runt of the eggs or have a geneticlly morphed drawf (also highly unlikely), most likely some one had multiple cluths and was selling them and said that they were all the same age and you were told wrong. But in the plus side he looks super healthy for the size that he is!
I've already been with him for more than 3 months and he has bearly grown
Here's a photo of my female Luna, she is about the same size and another from Vishnu, the boy
IMG_20180829_203518.jpg
IMG_20180829_203245.jpg

Has your baby had a fecal lately? He might have cociddia. Cociddia can keep the from growing and will eventually kill them if not treated.

I wouldnt be to worried as along as they are active and eating it will just take time. How often are you feeding and how much are they eating? And if possible how much exposure to uva and uvb do they have each day?

If possible do you know who you got them from? To verify if you do have panthers and not carpet chamelons? Or if he had both species he could have mixed up eggs and sold what he thought were panthers to you and they werent.

If possible do you know who you got them from? To verify if you do have panthers and not carpet chamelons? Or if he had both species he could have mixed up eggs and sold what he thought were panthers to you and they werent.
I've already talked to him about this but he always tells me that they'll grow eventually.
He delivered them to me personally and I've seen their parents

I wouldnt be to worried as along as they are active and eating it will just take time. How often are you feeding and how much are they eating? And if possible how much exposure to uva and uvb do they have each day?
I go to school in the morning so I leave around 10 crickets in the terrarium, and in the afternoon I put first one in a plastic box with some plants and another 10 crickets for half an hour and then I put the other one in the same plastic box after returning the other to the terrarium
They have 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark...

To be honest man they seem like healthy little dudes, i know they arent growing as fast as some others but what your saying make them sound healthy, id try and see if you can fatten them up with some worms, besides that just watch them carfully and make sure you dont see any other signs of anything out of the ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom