Panther Chameleon Setup-Critique Please

himynameiznick

First I have to say that I'm still fairly new to this forum, but have already learned a wealth of knowledge from the members. This site is an invaluable resource and I am very much appreciative

I just got my new 5.5 month old Panther Chameleon from Kammerflage Kreations this weekend at the Super Show and want to see what you guys think about his setup. I have a 3x2x2 screen cage from DIY. I have a large Umbrella plant that takes up a good majority of the cage and offers tons of coverage for when he wants to be shy and some kind of palm looking plant at the bottom that I got from LLL. I hung a large piece of Spanish Moss from the top of the cage mostly for catching water droplets and keeping the general humidity where it should be (Its around 80% in the foliage, 60% as you get closer tot he heat source). I also have a large branch fixture that snakes in and out of the umbrella plant for places he can hold onto. I put in a few horizontal bird branches about 12" below the heat fixtures making the basking spot around 90 Degrees. I have another horizontal branch further back that is about 7" away from a dual UVB T-8 fixture so he can get his UVB rays. There is also a Lil" Dripper placed above the Spanish moss that drips about once every 4 seconds.
He is eating mostly crickets, but also loves horn worms and superworms. Once I get rid of the darn Grain Mites infestation in my Dubia Roach colony, those will be incorporated into the diet as well.:mad:
Supplementation will be:
Calcium without D3 every other feeding
Calcium with D3 once every 3 weeks
Multivitamin once every other week
Please let me know if you see improvements I can make since I am still fairly new to chameleons and want to give the best possible care
Thanks

Attachments

• get-attachment (14).jpg
    get-attachment (14).jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 127
  • get-attachment (12).jpg
    get-attachment (12).jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 79
  • get-attachment (13).jpg
    get-attachment (13).jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 73
  • get-attachment (11).jpg
    get-attachment (11).jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 72
Nick, congratulation on your new panther! You can't ever go wrong with getting a Kammer baby. He is awesome looking by the way!

I like to see that you have everything prepared and researched prior to getting him. It really shows that you will give him a great home.

As for the setup, I really like it looks very sweet. I don't know about the Spanish moss, I don't use that in any of my screen cages. I just let the water drip onto the leaves of the plant. I would see what others say about using it. If you notice him climbing around on the screen and the top a lot yo might have to add some more vines or branches near the top to prevent him from hanging upside down. Other than those possible changes, nice job!

Back
Top Bottom