Panther Chameleon - Pooping once a month, urates first (hard, but white) resting back legs when basking

Solarmeter should arrive in a week, unfortunately where im from its extremely difficult to get anything imported.
Hoping the warm weather coming will stimulate him more
il keep you guys updated if i see any changes

thank you all <3

He is chunky... You can tell by the shape of his casque and the girth to his limbs. This is not bloated this is fat. So crickets and superworms are fine. But how many do you give him and how often are you doing this???

A 10.0 can be used but only at the correct distances. I can tell by your pics he is sitting too close to the UVB with a 10.0 bulb. When you get the solarmeter you are looking for a 3.0 UVI level nothing higher.
i measured it ontop of the spot he sits, 3.0 exactly, and the other spot he usually sits on 1.5.

Just an update:
after a couple of weeks he went back to his usual self and color, even through the winter all the way to about 2 months ago he started exhibiting the same behaviors again
his color is alot darker and hes seemingly lazier, although hes still eating perfectly fine and drinking too.
Eyes are fine too, very alert and googly.

checked my lights and they are still going strong, I've had him 3 years now but still can't think why he does this during feb-june
he also seems to avoid the heat/main light, and hangs around the middle of the cage.

I've attached photos, the duller colored ones are from the past few weeks outside (i didnt take him out during the colder weather/windy),
the slightly more blue was around Jan

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 11.48.23.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 11.48.23.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 11.48.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 11.48.22.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 11.48.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 11.48.21.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 37
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 12.12.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-14 at 12.12.10.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 35
Keep an eye on his vent. He may have a sperm plug. That can totally interfer with his bowel movements and urates. If he has one, it will peek out and go back in until it is too big. Then come out partially. At that point you can get a hypoclamp and pull it out slowly. is he constipated? I would give him some hornworms. They are soft, diggest easily and add hydration.

Just an update:
after a couple of weeks he went back to his usual self and color, even through the winter all the way to about 2 months ago he started exhibiting the same behaviors again
his color is alot darker and hes seemingly lazier, although hes still eating perfectly fine and drinking too.
Eyes are fine too, very alert and googly.

checked my lights and they are still going strong, I've had him 3 years now but still can't think why he does this during feb-june
he also seems to avoid the heat/main light, and hangs around the middle of the cage.

I've attached photos, the duller colored ones are from the past few weeks outside (i didnt take him out during the colder weather/windy),
the slightly more blue was around Jan
He looks really good there. My Veiled goes through a winter blues every year. I think this is more common than realized.

He looks really good there. My Veiled goes through a winter blues every year. I think this is more common than realized.
Yeah i feel like if he were "Sick" he wudn't have such an eye for food, or drink
although when he poops its like the equivalent of like 3 poops and urates formed together lmao
maybe he stores the food thinking winter is coming and slows down? no idea
Keep an eye on his vent. He may have a sperm plug. That can totally interfer with his bowel movements and urates. If he has one, it will peek out and go back in until it is too big. Then come out partially. At that point you can get a hypoclamp and pull it out slowly. is he constipated? I would give him some hornworms. They are soft, diggest easily and add hydration.
This seems to be the case usually, maybe the feeder quality is not that good unfortunately where i live there isn't much of a choice, we have superworms, roaches & crickets but id say the roaches are probably best
but any other worms I think are illegal here last time i checked

thank you for the responses, Hopefully when the 26-30 weather hits outside hel be back to normal
his tank is still the same, basking spot gets 2.2 on my tester, and heat goes 26-30 on spot

Back
Top Bottom