panther chameleon issue ASAP URGENT THANKS!!!!

and hes not having extreme vibrant colors like your saying hes just getting them back what I mean.. I dont think Ill make the vet today its over an hour drive for me and they close soon and dont make appointments towards their closing time anything else I can do NOW I NEED HELP ASAP I CANT LET HIM DIE PLEASE HELP

GO TO THE STORE AND GET SOME:
Your guy is severly dehydrated and if you are going to do it yourself, you need Pedilyte unflavored. You can buy at the grocery store in the baby section

use a dropper, if you don't have one ask the pharmacy for one. Try to put only two drops at a time in his mouth and hold his head up for him till he swallow and keep it up at a very slow pace. Don't over do it. That is all you can do now. I would only give him about a teaspoon full. He may not make it through the night.

im making a appointment now is it most likely possible the doc will see the problem and help me cure it or should I go on my own with the drops.. im not sure what to do becuase if the doc will jus tell me the obv... i dont wnna pay 300 cuz i have to call a cab

more pics i brought him inside he climbed up his cage... anything just a little bit better i really need some honest advice I cant let him die

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 110
It's your call on the vet, no one can make that decision for you. :(

GO TO THE STORE AND GET SOME:
Your guy is severly dehydrated and if you are going to do it yourself, you need Pedilyte unflavored. You can buy at the grocery store in the baby section

use a dropper, if you don't have one ask the pharmacy for one. Try to put only two drops at a time in his mouth and hold his head up for him till he swallow and keep it up at a very slow pace. Don't over do it. That is all you can do now. I would only give him about a teaspoon full. He may not make it through the night.

im making a appointment now is it most likely possible the doc will see the problem and help me cure it or should I go on my own with the drops.. im not sure what to do becuase if the doc will jus tell me the obv... i dont wnna pay 300 cuz i have to call a cab

If you don't go to the vet and he does die, you will be kicking yourself forever. Believe me, I've been there many times. If the vet can't help him, you will still have the comfort of knowing you tried, and that is priceless.

more pics i brought him inside he climbed up his cage... anything just a little bit better i really need some honest advice I cant let him die

We ARE giving you honest advice! The forum can't take samples, see your cham in person, watch behaviors over time, etc. All we can do is suggest what you can do and we have. It has taken a while (months maybe) for his condition to get to this point and it can take even longer for him to recover. Herps have relatively slow metabolisms and any treatment won't result in an immediate cure.

If he does make it you'll need to review your care. Don't guess brands, levels, temps, humidity, but know them specifically! Chams demand detailed daily attention, and this also helps us help you.

I hope he makes it but the vet will have a challenge I'm afraid. Good luck.

well guys quick update left him at the clinic overnight and got bombarded with the prices hahah took a cab cost 80 bux plus overnight fee with medicines and crap they made up came to 273 so thats 350 plus they want to leave it there for the second night if it does get better so thats 413 for 2 days and then they gave me more bs how I needa leave it there for another week program for 600 bux some special deal... so Im holding on one night for now see if it gets a bit better and jus leave it for two nights the rest ill do on my own they recommended I put it to sleep if it doesnt get any better after the first or second day ill keep posted thanks alot anways guys if he doesnt make it ... hopefully he does im crossing my fingers:(:(:(:(:(

You said..."i pour water in his mouth when he opens it"...and..."i sprayed some water into it"...pouring and spraying water in his mouth might cause him to aspirate it...you might very well be drowning him by filling his lungs with water.

His behavior (hanging by his tail, shutting his eye during the day, etc.) and the sunken eyes are not good signs. Gaping could also be an indication that he is dangerously close to death...but it might also be from your watering him the way you described in what I quoted above. The head pads should be protruding....could be that they are not due to it not eating/drinking normally...at least in part.

You said..."Maybe its time to change my uvb bulb( i just changed it to the 5.0 repti sun"...what bulb did you use before this one?

You said..."i calcium dust once a week sometimes 2ce and gutloaded with apples potatoes etc."...your gutload for crickets, superworms, locusts, roaches, etc. should include a wide variety of greens (dandelions, kale, collards, endive, escarole, parsley, etc.) and veggies (carrots, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, celery leaves, zucchini, etc.)

Since many of the feeders have a poor ratio of calcium to phosphorus its important to dust the insects at most feedings with a phos.-free calcium powder at most feedings.

I dust twice a month with a phos.-free calcium/D3 powder to ensure that the chameleon gets some D3 without overdoing it. I leave it to get the rest of the D3 it needs from the exposure to the UVB light. D3 from supplements can build up in the system while D3 produced from exposure to the UVB shouldn't as long as the chameleon can move in and out of it.

I dust with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene (prOformed) source of vitamin A. Beta carotene won't build up in the system like prEformed vitamin A will but there is controversy as to whether all/any chameleons can convert the beta carotene. Some people give a little prEformed once in a while...but don't over do it if you do. Excess prEformed vitamin A may prevent the D3 from doing its job and push the chameleon towards MBD.

Good luck!

thnks kin im so tired from today im gonna respond in short thoughts lol i dont drown him I cant explain but i slowly let him drink i know to be careful bout that... and i had the repti sun before I meant I just replaced it not changed to a diff bulb
the head pads rnt protruding becuz hes dehydrated ... took him to the vet if you saw more news tommorow when she lets me know if hes either dead or better lol

well ive been busy heres quick update.. called the doc in the morning she said he had his eyes open now :) and he was increasing just a bit of movement and she was tryin to feed him somthin left him overnight again and its costing me 415 bux but I well hope its worth it ... she said the chances of survival was 50% even I dont know why so little:(:(:( but lets hope he makes it I appreciate all the support guys ... btw any1 have any experience with uromastyx im really considering getting one ive read info but they say only 20 percent survive first 2 months any ideas? thanks again :rolleyes:

the avion and exotics in manhattan seemed to know what she was doing but lets see if he survives then ill be really impressed rofl.. appreciate it beav thanks she seems to know her stuff and the only vet i can accept in ny to help reptiles and exotics thanks again lets hope he makes it :eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom