Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Enviroment

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dehydrated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sounds like you are on the right track keep trouble shooting but getting that water fall out is a good start. Also if a vet tells you that the inside of your Cham mouth should be more pink you better just turn around and walk out cause that’s far from the truth. What dose he/she thinks it a dog or cat SMH.

Ya h
Sounds like you are on the right track keep trouble shooting but getting that water fall out is a good start. Also if a vet tells you that the inside of your Cham mouth should be more pink you better just turn around and walk out cause that’s far from the truth. What dose he/she thinks it a dog or cat SMH.
ya honestly it’s the only reptile vet within 30 minutes from here so I didn’t really have a choice.... I didn’t know what to do

So after making those changes I woke up this morning and the opposite eye that had the pus on it a couple days ago is glued shut.... what is the protocol for this/ should I just get him out of this tank?

I would start multi vitamin with Vitamin A as retinol ASAP and give it on his feeders once every 2 weeks. He could have a serious dietary deficiency that has affected the tissues in and around his eyes. He may have an infection starting in that damaged tissue.
He needs to be on a reliable supplement schedule.
"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."

I would start multi vitamin with Vitamin A as retinol ASAP and give it on his feeders once every 2 weeks. He could have a serious dietary deficiency that has affected the tissues in and around his eyes. He may have an infection starting in that damaged tissue.
He needs to be on a reliable supplement schedule.
"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."
I gave him this yesterday for the first time without the d3 in it. Does that look alright?
I’m gonna try and give him a soak also.

Attachments

• 897E810F-0ADA-40EA-A521-8297B5F57170.png
    897E810F-0ADA-40EA-A521-8297B5F57170.png
    604.8 KB · Views: 122
Just mist him lightly and let I'm rinse his eyes. Don't soak him by immuring him in water. They stress out in water.
What brand did you use? and I will look up the contents. That Vitamin A could be beta carotene and it isn't effective like retinol when there are eye problems.

Just mist him lightly and let I'm rinse his eyes. Don't soak him by immuring him in water. They stress out in water.
What brand did you use? and I will look up the contents. That Vitamin A could be beta carotene and it isn't effective like retinol when there are eye problems.
Okay I misted him earlier and it’s ZooMed Reptivite without D3. Thanks

Yes, that has retinol Vitamin A (Vitamin A Acetate). If this is due to a vitamin deficiency you are on the right track but it took time to develop and it will take time to resolve. The eye infection will need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by a vet, some like oral antibiotics some like eye drops. You could call the vet you saw and ask them to prescribe antibiotic eyedrops if you can't find a better vet. Tell them you would like to give them a try.

Yes, that has retinol Vitamin A (Vitamin A Acetate). If this is due to a vitamin deficiency you are on the right track but it took time to develop and it will take time to resolve. The eye infection will need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by a vet, some like oral antibiotics some like eye drops. You could call the vet you saw and ask them to prescribe antibiotic eyedrops if you can't find a better vet. Tell them you would like to give them a try.
Okay perfect, do i need to get his eye cultured to know which antibiotic to use? Or should I just use a general antibiotic? I can drive him into the big city near me but it’s about a 40 minute drive I thought that might be too stressful.

Culture and sensitivity is the optimal plan but trying an antibiotic eye drop for effectiveness (does it improve in 48-72 hours) is also acceptable but you may need to go back for something else if it doesn't.
If you decide to make the drive but him in a dark box with something stable to hold on to and will sleep through the trip.

Culture and sensitivity is the optimal plan but trying an antibiotic eye drop for effectiveness (does it improve in 48-72 hours) is also acceptable but you may need to go back for something else if it doesn't.
If you decide to make the drive but him in a dark box with something stable to hold on to and will sleep through the trip.
Okay cool I will call the vet here and see if they can prescribe me some antibiotic to try. Maybe I will bring him in if they can culture him, they can’t really mess that up I would imagine.....

Update on the Chameleon!

He has been doing MUCH better he has been awake most of the day for about a week now and not sleeping in the day much. It goes on and off some days he sleeps more others he doesnt until the light turns off. I made a lot of adjustments that I think have been doing a lot for him. I gave him vitamin a, D3 and all the other important ones in a small amount and I think that made a difference. He has been eating a lot of crickets/roaches every day which is new from where he was at. Ive been misting the tank about 6 minutes total everyday. The vet perscribed me some Neo-Poly-Dex as a cream to put a tiny bit on/in his eye every 12 hours. SInce ive given him this he hasnt woke up with crusty stuff on his eyes or anything, he also hasnt been messing with his eyes that much and not rubbing them on branches anymore. He is still messing with them somewhat but I think this greatly helped him, im guessing it just takes time for him to get his eyes healthy. Im going to include some updated pictures and see if anyone sees anything im missing but I think he is making a recovery.

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg