Panther Chameleon eye is still swollen months after vet visit

dknops

So a couple of months ago my Chameleons eye swelled up and he had a few bumps. I took him to the vets, got him antibiotics (0.05ml Baytril Orally for 14 days). He got a brand new UV bulb with a new diet too. While the majority of bumps cleared up his eye is still quite puffy. He can mostly move it, it is open, he’s eating fine and acting as normal (sometimes very happy, sometimes grumpy that’s just how he is)
I’ve been giving him regular baths where I have a small tub he sits in while I splash his face. The thing is not only will I struggle to afford the vet bill (I would if needed) but I will struggle to get there before at least next week due to COVID. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do or how serious it could be?
To summarise - His eye has been swollen for quite a while now, even after a visit to the vets a month ago
- He finished a 14 day anti-biotic course about two and a half weeks ago
- He is eating normally and letting me handle him like he normally would
- The eye is moving and open, just is very swollen in comparison to the other

I do have a couple of photos I have shared here (The second photo he may look annoyed but he does that almost every evening when I open his cage, he then quite happily jumped onto my arm)
995E26C1-60E2-4E52-8B04-4B2E9F0461F6.jpeg
1D80DEA2-F4C1-40A9-973F-8FCD5287A165.jpeg

I dont know much and haven't got a chemelon joined like 3 or 4 days ago. But it seems like a lot of the chemelons with eye problems are Panthers. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Someone more experienced will hopefully give better advice.

Back
Top Bottom