Panther Chameleon egg is hatching soon!

ChriGoatz

Hey guys so my panther chameleon is going to hatch soon! It's showing signs that it is! This is my first time doing this so please be patient with me. I'm now more or less well informed on what I'm supposed to do so I came up with a plan and want to get all the supplies tomorrow or the day after tomorrow so please let me know if I can make any adjustments. I also know I should have been prepared months ago I just honestly wasn't sure if he was going to hatch so I didn't want to spend money. Now I'm prepared so please let me know any tips would help!

For the cage set up I decided to go with:

Zoo Med's ReptiBreeze open air aluminum screen cage 16x16x20. I want to start off small and buy another cage in the near future for when he outgrows it.

Zoo meds small dripper accompanied by misting myself with a sprayer twice a day (once in the morning once in the evening)

A smaml Schefflera arboricola ( i will be replacing the top half off the substrate since its mixed with fertilizer and will fill the top half with organic soil and put some rocks on top of it. I'm not quite sure if rocks is the best move but hopefully you guys can give me some better suggestions.

The plant will beaccompanied by flukers bendy branches about 2 or 3 sets of them.

A digital thermometer at the top of the cage near the baking area and a hydrometer in the mid portion of the cage.

For lighting I will be using a zoo med mini deep dome dual lap fixture with a zoo med reptisun 5.0 UVB 13 watt mini light accompanied by a zoo med daylight blue 60 watt lamp. I'm not sure if blue lamp is the way to go but I want your guy's take on it let me know please

As for food I will be feeding the hatchling very small crickets for now and will be gut loading them with
Hibiscus
Papaya
Mango
Bee pollen
Carrot
Sweet potato
Kale
If theres any adjustments I can make on the gut loading please let me know. I will be feeding him a variety of other insects or worms as he gets bigger like hornworms, butterworms, dubia roaches and superworms.

In terms of his supplements I chose
Zoo med repti Calcium with d3 which I will dust his food with once a week
Zoo med repti calcium without d3which I will dust his food with every feeding or every other feeding not quite sure saw some mixed opinions on this.
Rep cal herptitive with beta carotene multivitamin which I will be dusting his food with once a week.
Like I said I saw mixed opinions on scheduling for supplements so please let me know of I can make any changes

Back
Top Bottom