panther Breeding Information?

Mvtt70

Hi I'm thinking about attempting to breed some of my chams in a year or so. I'm wondering if there are any links to some good places to start gathering information on the process that anyone has to share? Thank you.

You can try the search function in the forum and pull bits and pieces together. Most breeders do not openly give out their info...

You can try the search function in the forum and pull bits and pieces together. Most breeders do not openly give out their info...
Damn. I come from the tarantula world and breeding information is freely shared there... Pretty lame if people would rather others don't know how to breed their chams to have less competition vs. having more quality animals out here.

Damn. I come from the tarantula world and breeding information is freely shared there... Pretty weird.
If you were getting into breeding rarer chameleons other then Panthers then those breeders tend to share because they want other breeders to help increase the numbers of captive bred. Panthers are a whole different story though... From what I have seen it is more the you become potential competition for them so they don't give a lot of info away. :( Start searching threads or maybe contact the breeders of your panthers. Maybe they will mentor you.

I have received a lot of information from breeders, you can potentially be their competition but that comes with time over fighting a reputable breeder thats been in the game for a while now. I guess you just have to pick and choose who you talk to though if thats the reputation thats floating around.

There’s no trick to breeding. Here’s what you do: raise the chameleons separate. The male will be ready to breed sooner than the female but you WAIT till she’s ready before you put them together. You’ll know she’s ready to breed when her colors turn. Usually the colors turn rosier or sometimes more purple over the period of 2-3 days...sometimes overnight. Then you put them together for about 6 hours. Separate them if you see repeated violence, some hissing and such from the female is normal but she’ll ultimately let him mount if she’s receptive. I prefer to let them mate again the next day or two. Separate them when you see she’s had enough. Then wait 30-50ish days for her to lay. Sometimes it’s been longer and sometimes it’s been shorter for me. Provide a lay bin right away just in case she’s gonna drop it like it’s hot. Incubate the eggs. Raise the babies. Then pass your experience on to the next person!

You are taking your thoughts about the subject to extreme left... it's not that anybody isn't gonna share their info, it's if you want it, you have to read it.... besides...breeding isn't a overnight sudden decision with 100% success... it's hard!! Even for me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom