Panther Breeding Advice

madchameleon

My 13 month ambilobe male is not interested in my ambilobe female who has very obvious receptive colors.

She keeps her receptive colors in his enclosure.

Ive tried her cage, neutral area, given privacy, given 3 days with nothing. Separated them for a few weeks trying again today, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Show him another male while in with the female and it may trigger a mating response. If you dont have access to another male you might try showing him his reflection in a mirror to see if it gets him going. At 13 months he should be in prime shape but every cham is different. I know pssh had this problem with her panther male and seeing a jacksons triggered him into a mating response. If all else fails you might get a fecal to see if he has something going on that you cant see. My 3 year old male used to be a stud until he got a mild case of pinworms. He does not show any interest in mating anymore even though he has had subsequent clean fecals.

mirror

He shows no response to a mirror which I have tried. He is a very mellow guy. I do have another male but he is only 4 months. I'll give it a try but not sure if it will have an impact.

I find playing some Barry White can help set the mood...also dont try while there are any major sporting events going on (world series...nba playoffs...etc) and finally you can always feed him a tequila worm..that does the trick but Id put pads beneath the branches so he doesnt hurt himself until he regains coordination.

I find playing some Barry White can help set the mood...also dont try while there are any major sporting events going on (world series...nba playoffs...etc) and finally you can always feed him a tequila worm..that does the trick but Id put pads beneath the branches so he doesnt hurt himself until he regains coordination.

lol,,now thats funny!!!

Back
Top Bottom