Panther bitting branch, normal?????

Ocelot357

my cham is shedding right now and i also noticed he startted bitting a branch like if he was trying to eat it.Ive seen him do this once before.

In one of the SBCK meetings in southern cal, a member had a panther bite one of the branches seemingly out of stress/aggression. Several of the members observed and concurred that this can be quite harmful to the chameleon. One of the members said her panther had chronic mouth infections/injuries because of it.

Take note of the situation of the cage. Is it an an area with traffic? What stresses can be reduced or eliminated? Sometimes there is nothing that can be done...just thought I'd share the conversation we had in the meeting!

re-post from thread : here

In one of the SBCK meetings in southern cal, a member had a panther bite one of the branches seemingly out of stress/aggression. Several of the members observed and concurred that this can be quite harmful to the chameleon. One of the members said her panther had chronic mouth infections/injuries because of it.

Take note of the situation of the cage. Is it an an area with traffic? What stresses can be reduced or eliminated? Sometimes there is nothing that can be done...just thought I'd share the conversation we had in the meeting!

re-post from thread : here

THANKS!.....

makes sense.... only thing i can think of that might be the problem is the cage being too low.Top of cage is at about 4 feet 10 inches......ill put it higher, maybe that will do.There is no traffic, only myself when i go look at him.Thats probably what it is, he doesnt like me looking at him.

Yeah, put it up higher. I make each cage high enough that the cham can comfortably perch higher than my head if people walk by. I'm freakishly tall though...ok just kidding.

You're welcome and have a good holiday weekend!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom