panther basking temps

matt2310

just had a quick question about basking temp for panther.... LLL reptile told me to have basking spot around 90 because hes a baby... but i read online to have around 82-85? .....

anyway my basking spot goes up and down from 85-90 when i spray is that ok?

stays around 88-90 when dried out

Follow the care sheet!

Keep it around 82 degrees.

The care sheets have been developed by very good handlers and breeders of chameleons over MANY years. When there are health issues they are always brought forward to see if husbandry follows them.

thats what i thought

yeah thats what i thought.... but why would LLL reptile tell me to keep it a little higher around 90?

i do have a big cage too a large reptibreeze

Not sure why they would tell you that as it is not good information. At least you found us here and can give the proper husbandry to your cham.

dont want him getting cold either

i dont want him to get cold either i also read on here that when they are dark that means they could be cold, but i also read that when they are dark that they are soaking up the Rays... i got my guy friday and hes been somewhat dark a good amount of time... i know its soon and he needs to settle down i know its not stress because we have left him alone 96% of the time... i just dont want this guy to get cold

For babies, I keep mine between 80-84

My adult males I keep at 83-87. 90 would be the absolute max I would go for something older though, not a baby.

thanks thanks thanks

thanks i will definitely have to work with a couple bulbs to get it right... i was using a 40w housebulb and that is reaching 85-90 def. gonna have to grab a slightly lower one tonight

Back
Top Bottom