Pair of Furcifer campani

The campani are definitely awesome. I really think that hardy CB campani could fill a niche as the true chameleon for vivariums.

Ever since my fiance saw Kevin's male quad she want's me to get into them too! They are her new favorite chameleon. I still remember the female I raised from a hatchling back in the nineties fondly. She was a really sweet, easy going chameleon.

Frank, I think you and I are going to be long term friends.:):)

I use the same stuff. Mine is really cheap, I let every one of the lovely people campaining put a sign in my yard. I take it down that night and have chloroplast. And it allows me to make my private statements on our political process.:D

Lol! I just go out take down the sign and chuck it at them XD

Last year i hatched more than 80 furcifer campani baby's ,breeding them is very easy ,raising the baby's very difficult....

That is great. I've read your information on the forums about incubation. Could you please provide me with what you've found to be the best way to raise the babies? I know I'm still a long way off but I'd like to be prepared.

Egg laying

I updated this in my general thread but thought I'd post it here for Furcifer lovers. :)

After 66 days of gestation my one female campani has laid eggs. :) Unfortunately the first two eggs were laid in the cage scattered on the soil of the enclosure while I was away for the weekend. (All of my chameleons are kept in fully planted enclosures with soil. She could have dug if she chose.) These two eggs were not fertile however and molded over quickly. I placed her in a laying tub that would make monitoring her easier. After two days she laid three more eggs, also on the surface of the soil. Luckily, these appear to be fertile and have not molded over after almost a week and maintain shape. They do have a yellowish tint to them but that is apparently normal for campani eggs. Even more lucky, I was observing her when she laid the one egg and was able to watch and document.

The female looked pretty rough the first few days after laying, I wasn't sure if she would make it, but she seems to be recovering and is now eating, drinking, and looking more like her beautiful normal self. I am pretty sure this was her first clutch as she came in quite young and small so I am hopeful that her next clutch will be a bit larger and that she will bury her eggs instead of scatter them. She will of course be given ample time to recover after the ordeal but I don't want to wait too long as they are probably not a very long lived species, although who knows.

In terms of incubation I am going to go based off the recommendations I have read online from European breeders. The eggs will be kept in the mid to high seventies (Farenheit) for three months, then diapaused in the low sixties for six weeks, then brought back up to the mid seventies for the remainder of the incubation (three months). With any luck the eggs should be ready to hatch by the end of January. That is a long ways off so I'm not counting my chameleons before they hatch but I am hopeful. Hopefully I will be able to get at least one more clutch from this girl and can get the other female to take to my male before she gets too old. Thanks for looking and I'll keep updating. :)

Frank that is excellent news! Glad to hear you are having success with these amazing chameleons.

Thanks for the update and please keep us posted on the status of the eggs.

Nice job! Always good to see success with the less common species.

Great news! Keep documenting your success with your Furcifer campani.

Thanks guys! I won't consider it success until I see little ones running around. I am pleasantly surprised at how hardy this species seems to be.

They sell this at Home Depot! I used it for my living wall in my cage! It's actually very strong!

I saw your thread on that. Very nice!

So cool. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom