Paco (new chameleon)

This is my scared chameleon (not sure why he is scared but i think Its because he has bien here for 2 days) but i just wanted to show it to yall

Merry Christmas

Attachments

• IMG-20181223-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20181223-WA0001.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 15457623185393208004633867541618.jpg
    15457623185393208004633867541618.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
Fill this out

I have a question since it's his 2nd day here would it be normal for him to be hiding and to not eat? I saw him eat 2 crickets yesterday but today I was trying to cup feed him but he didnt wanted to and I leave some free so he can hunt and I want him to eventually start trusting me and do hand feeding

I have a question since it's his 2nd day here would it be normal for him to be hiding and to not eat? I saw him eat 2 crickets yesterday but today I was trying to cup feed him but he didnt wanted to and I leave some free so he can hunt and I want him to eventually start trusting me and do hand feeding
It's ok that he's not eating yet. Give him some time! He needs to settle in.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled, male, and i would say around 4 to 5 months. 2 days
  • Handling - none since i got him
  • Feeding - I'm feeding him crickets and I might look for more variety, i tried to do it the earliest i can because when I go back to school i will put some crickets in there at 6 am (i have swim practice that early) I gut load them with vegetables and fruits.
  • Supplements - I use flukers calcium with no d3 almost every day and I have a reptivite multivitamin with d3 and I heard every 3 weeks?
  • Watering - i mist his cage for a couple of minutes and I think he drink yesterday it looked like it
  • Fecal Description - Big long piece is brown and another little piece is white. I dont think he has been check for parasites
  • History - he closes his right eye and he has a bumb almost at the end of his tail

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I have a reptibreeze xl its 2x2x4
  • Lighting - I have a reptisun 5.0 uvb and currently I'm using a halogen light for heat and i'm going to replace it with a 75W bulb this week. His light are on from 8 am to 8 pm.
  • Temperature - I havent set the thermometer in the cage i might try that later today or tomorrow (you know Its Christmas family time) but he seems to be happy with temp Lowest overnight would be my actual house temperature between 72 to 75.
  • Humidity - I have a problem with humidity it dries off real quick so I'm going to try live plants and some plastic around 2 of the walls and maybe cover a little at top (if I try plastic i'm buying a lower W bulb because it might increase temperature)
  • Plants - i'm currently not using live plants
  • Placement - His cage it's in my room, there is a fan yes thats another reason why I want to cover a part of the cage (top) with plastic or something,the only traffic here is me coming every once in a while in and out of the room maybe the dogs and that's mostly all the traffic here, the cage is in the floor for now, i'm a welding student and my dad is a welder so we planning on making a table for the cage (currently 4 feet from the floor)
  • Location - I'm located in Austin Texas

Supplements - I use flukers calcium with no d3 almost every day and I have a reptivite multivitamin with d3 and I heard every 3 weeks?
Multivitamin every 2 weeks.
For the humidity I recommend live plants and maybe some sphagnum moss or if you really want to get into it: an automatic mister. Also covering the sides of the cage with a shower curtain for example.
Everything else looks good to me! Merry Christmas and congratulations on the new cham!

Multivitamin every 2 weeks.
For the humidity I recommend live plants and maybe some sphagnum moss or if you really want to get into it: an automatic mister. Also covering the sides of the cage with a shower curtain for example.
Everything else looks good to me! Merry Christmas and congratulations on the new cham!
Thank you for the help merry Christmas ands happy new year's!

Feed him small roaches like dubia and discoid roaches.
every 2 weeks.
spray 4 times a day 2 minutes long or more.
Get it checked out by vet just give him checkup in general and see if his eye is irritated.
Nice cage size!
Get a lot of plants and vines a spray it a lot.
Get on the real plants.
@Ricardopalma12 Overall its pretty good don't stress him to much while he settling in!

Veiled chameleon can go a few weeks without eating but if he seems dehydrated or low energy then I would take him to the vet.
I mean he walks around his cage when i'm not in the room and his eyes do not seem to be sucked in and i'm leaving some crickets free close to where he hangs around/hides and hopefully he will eat some

Back
Top Bottom