Pacing female panther chameleon

Danyell

Hi everyone!
I have searched the internet for this question and have found SOME help, but I'm hoping maybe I'll get more this way.

I have a 7 month old ambilobe female panther chameleon who I raised the first few months as a boy as that's what I was sold her as (fed as much as she wanted, no laying bin, took her out constantly, etc). Anyway, she is showing gravid colours and pacing around her cage. She has not been eating like she regularly does, but shows happy peachy colours and paws at the door to come out. I notice she'll eat waxworms occasionally, but seems to really not show interest in her crickets anymore. The crickets are always fed veggies (carrots) & flukers cubes for gutloading and are kept sanitary. I know she needs a laying bin, so I've had a tupperware of sand and dirt but have just put a deeper and larger bucket so that she can burrow better, but she does not seem very interested in it and still paces her cage.

To try and help stop the pacing, I've read to put sticks on the walls for her to better grip and climb. She's eager to come out and will attempt to run to the highest point of the room if left to roam. She gets at least a few hours of natural sunlight and I use an Arcadia 6% UVB T5 bulb with a 60w/100w basking bulb (I'm Canadian and the weather varies HUGE where I live). I'm at a complete loss with what to do. I'm suspecting she needs privacy, so I'm considering moving the chameleons to a more private room, but I'm worried she may just climb more and hurt herself.

Any suggestions are gladly appreciated! Thank you!

Post a photo please and answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health furum

Back
Top Bottom