Overweight Cham?

I don't add vitamins to what I feed/gutload insects with.
Spirulina should have beta carotene in it....so your chameleon may still need a preformed source of vitamin A.

For veileds and panthers I have for many many years used herptivite which has a beta carotene source of vitamin A in it.
They seem to be ok with it but others have trouble because it's prOformed not preformed vitamin A.

I feed my feeders a colorful variety of fresh produce…greens, different squashes, sweet potato, bell pepper, blueberries or raspberries, etc along with some bug burger. For supplementation, I use Reptivite, which has preformed vitamin A.

I feed my feeders a colorful variety of fresh produce…greens, different squashes, sweet potato, bell pepper, blueberries or raspberries, etc along with some bug burger. For supplementation, I use Reptivite, which has preformed vitamin A.
I just ordered herpivite with beta carotene, as well as a calcium powder with d3

@MissSkittles @kinyonga Hey, i just tried to give my cham her first dose of the liquid calcium, and i had someone to help me hold her and i tried my best to get the syringe in the back of her mouth so she didn’t aspirate it, but just moved her head just as i slowly injected a little, and i think she aspirated it because a bubble came out of her nose. i only gave her a little and not the full dose. i will not be giving her anymore. Is there anything i should do about the aspiration?

F942DEB5-E8DC-40B8-813E-A40D23D0D919.jpeg

Just saw this white thing in her nostril. It’s only in that one.

I’m not terribly experienced in aspiration so all I can tell you to do is keep a close eye on her. Watch for gaping, bubbling or other noises while breathing, thick saliva, lethargy, staying low in her enclosure, eyes closed, etc. If you see any, you’ll need a vet to evaluate her and probably prescribe antibiotics.
In terms of giving any medications to her, her casque makes a great little handle to help stabilize her head and usually will open her mouth too. The only way I was able to give my cham her meds (I lacked a helper) was to place her on my bed, hold her casque with thumb and forefinger and hold her body down with the rest of my fingers and wrist of same hand and quickly shoot the med down her throat when she gaped at me. It was stressful for both of us, but it worked.

@MissSkittles gave you good advise nap out what to watch for. The liquid calcium is syrupy and they have trouble habpndleing it so I inky give them a drop or two at a time so they have time to deal with it in small amounts.

@MissSkittles I saw that the white thing is still on her nostril from when i gave her the calcium. I thought it was shed but she hasn’t shed in months. Any idea what it could be or how i should get it off? it’s covering her whole nostril.

Attachments

• 891F155B-738C-4433-A88C-22698C6CB534.jpeg
    891F155B-738C-4433-A88C-22698C6CB534.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom