overthinking outside time

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi good afternoon, super random question for you all

Hoping you could impart some knowledge I don't wanna overlook / overthink anything.
When I comes to outside time.

I try to get my chameleon outside for natural sunlight pretty regularly but today I decided I'd clean his entire enclosure outside (the zoo med is nice and light)
I was curious if you had any advice on outside time or best practices. I know many other keepers here in southern California can leave their chams outside. I just want to let everything dry after the cleaning and allow my dude to enjoy the Sun made uvbs. This will likely take longer than our normal outside time sessions.

I've got two temp probes in the enclosure to monitor heat. There is access to shade and direct sunlight.

Should be fine just watch the temps... Direct sun it will be quite warm. Will he be in the enclosure while your cleaning?

Should be fine just watch the temps... Direct sun it will be quite warm. Will he be in the enclosure while your cleaning?
No, he's on his own little island whole I clean. I have some free range plants and branches set up for him.

I ended up giving it a final rinse and let it dry out a tad before re- introducing him the sun really does bring out some wonderful colors.

The plants mounted to my dragon ledges are tuned up trimmed back and happy to have gotten the extra watering.

No, he's on his own little island whole I clean. I have some free range plants and branches set up for him.

I ended up giving it a final rinse and let it dry out a tad before re- introducing him the sun really does bring out some wonderful colors.

The plants mounted to my dragon ledges are tuned up trimmed back and happy to have gotten the extra watering.
Just keep an eye on him. They are fast as hell when they want to be lol.

Whenever mine "escape" from the free range, they are 8ft out inside of 2min. They are literally running to get to a nearby bush/tree :)
Yep! This is Beman exactly. If there is any way down he turns into a cheetah sprinting away.

Neptune always beelines it straight for the railing on my balcony... 4 floors up... talk about a heart attack waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom