Overnight Shipping Confusion

Supergirl

So I received tracking info for my new baby boy today (placed an order with Jim from Chameleon Company on Saturday.) This is my first time having a live animal shipped, so I am a bit nervous and probably just worrying too much. I have spent all day checking the tracking info updates. He is being shipped from Florida to South Carolina (not too far, or so I thought.) The tracking update is now saying "in transit" from Orlando FL to Louisville Kentucky, thats 14 hours! and then from Kentucky to my home in SC its 11 hours! He is supposed to be here by 10:30am.. I don't understand why it would be in transit to Kentucky :confused: Anyone with experience in shipping have any idea what the deal is? I hope theres not a mix up or something :(

Is that 14 + 11 hours driving time? They fly things for shipping long distances, which cuts down on transit time significantly and usually has odd stops depending on airport hubs. Don't worry, I don't think anything sounds abnormal yet!

Is that 14 + 11 hours driving time? They fly things for shipping long distances, which cuts down on transit time significantly and usually has odd stops depending on airport hubs. Don't worry, I don't think anything sounds abnormal yet!

I didn't even think of that! :rolleyes: Now I feel silly panicking for nothing lol. Certainly they wouldn't drive 25 hours when they can just put him on a plane lol. Silly me :p

Yeah, the UPS hub is in Louisville KY. Most all overnight packages go to this hub first and then sent out from there. Nothing to worry about

Dez is completely correct. I can overnight from here in Montana to California and the package always goes to Louisville Kentucky. I know it is there hub, but it is still too weird.

Let us know when your baby arrives tomorrow - now try to get some sleep.:D

Thanks guys! I feel much better now :) Although I think sleep at this point is out of the question! I feel like a kid before Christmas :D Might just crash on the couch so I can be closer to the door in the morning :p

Rest easy. Jim is one of THE BEST in the business. Your animal will arrive safely and you will be more than happy. I get anxious every I have a new animal in transit, but you have chosen wisely.

Thanks guys! I feel much better now :) Although I think sleep at this point is out of the question! I feel like a kid before Christmas :D Might just crash on the couch so I can be closer to the door in the morning :p

I think I might too! Tomorrow (Well, today since its past 12 AM) is a big day for us! Receiving our brothers. :)

I think I might too! Tomorrow (Well, today since its past 12 AM) is a big day for us! Receiving our brothers. :)

I know!! Such an exciting day :D Our little brother boys are gonna be awesome! I am already up and checking tracking updates :D Mine is still showing "in transit" to Myrtle Beach from Columbia SC.... but that's not far so he should be landing any minute :D Gotta keep me updated on your baby's arrival too!!

UPDATE: Tracking showing OUT FOR DELIVERY @ 8:14 am!! :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
I know!! Such an exciting day :D Our little brother boys are gonna be awesome! I am already up and checking tracking updates :D Mine is still showing "in transit" to Myrtle Beach from Columbia SC.... but that's not far so he should be landing any minute :D Gotta keep me updated on your baby's arrival too!!

Mine too! I went to bed late as hell and woke up early as hell so i'm about to fall asleep but thats okay! Im just waiting anxiously for my little guy to come in. :D

My little guy is HERE!!!! I didn't even notice!!!!! I was walking outside to look for a note to see if I missed it, but I didn't see one... As I was walking back inside, the box was RIGHT AT MY DOOR!!!! Gonna open the box and upload pictures of Waldo for you guys!

Back
Top Bottom