Overnight Glass Humidity Levels

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have two fixed digital temp/humidity sensors in my enclosure. I mist twice a day. Once 15 minutes before the lights come on and once 30 minutes before lights out.

Both gauges read 99% when I go to bed and still at 99% when I wake up.

Last night I performed a test to make sure the Mistking wasn't spraying water into the humidity sensors and causing a false 99% reading overnight.

So what I did. I waiting until 15 minutes after the evening misting was completed. I placed the temp/humidity gauge that I use to measure my room temperature into the enclosure. 15 minutes later right before lights out it was already up to 86% humidity. I then woke up early and checked it 30 minutes before the morning misting session. The gauge also read 99% to match my enclosure sensors.

The temp of the enclosure floor dropped from 70 to 66 degrees overnight.

The room humidity is 54%.

You may not need to mist at all. Maybe just get a dropper going so the Cham has access to water. Mistings are good for three things. Topping off humidity and giving your chams the ability to drink as well as the live plants. If your RH humidity is already at the ideal for your chameleon than you just need to provide water for it to drink and water for your plants.

I don't mist throughout the day or have a dripper and Peri's urates have been white the whole time that I've had him so far.

I'm thinking that this simulates what others are trying to do with the nighttime fogging and following the naturalistic hydration approach.

Thoughts?

I don't mist throughout the day or have a dripper and Peri's urates have been white the whole time that I've had him so far.

I'm thinking that this simulates what others are trying to do with the nighttime fogging and following the naturalistic hydration approach.

Thoughts?
85%-99% overnight is great. My apologies sorry I thought that's what your daytime humidity was at. Looking good!

Back
Top Bottom