Overkill?

mvad

Established Member
I gut-load (crix, dubias and siperworms) with collards, kale, mustard greens and carrot along with dry bug burger. Is it overkill to feed my "waiting to go to the gutload chamber"of crix and dubias the same mix as I gutload with. Or, is it not necessary to do this? I change the greens and carrot every day and the dry bug burger every 2. Thanks

I feed all the colonies the same quality of food all the time because I think you get an over-all healthier feeder (bugs are what they are too!)

I understand not wanting to "waste" pricey products like, say, Superpig, on insects that aren't going to be fed yet. So you don't necessarily have to give them the 5 star menu every night but they still need to be eating something better than gel cubes and potato. I don't separate out the bugs that are going to be fed off the next day so for me feeding them all a high quality food all the time works better.

Thanks for the quick response! Quick follow up question: Will all bugs eat everyday if I just feed/gutload the colonies instead of moving the designated bugs to their "green mile"?

Thanks for the quick response! Quick follow up question: Will all bugs eat everyday if I just feed/gutload the colonies instead of moving the designated bugs to their "green mile"?

Yes, the bugs, especially crickets, will eat if there is food available. I don't separate any of my roaches or crickets from their colonies until I am ready to feed them. I simply feed the entire colony my high quality gut load items and take bugs from the colony each day to feed to my chams. It is a lot less work! Feed the bugs, take them out when ready to feed, dust them, and let your chams enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom