Overcrowding an enclosure?!

Your cage is good, but I do believe it's possible, for Panthers at least... Many sources say Panthers in their natural habitat pretty much make it a point to be as visible as possible. They like to have retreats to hide in just incase, but it seems most of the time they like to display themselves loud and proud. Also Panthers are very active as far as chameleons go. I can't speak much on veileds though

It always depends. Displaying males are not the same of babies and juveniles or even females. There is individual differences, species differences and differences based on breeding condition and age. Like most things chameleon, it depends.

It always depends. Displaying males are not the same of babies and juveniles or even females. There is individual differences, species differences and differences based on breeding condition and age. Like most things chameleon, it depends.

Thanks, I totally agree. They are all so individualized, so far my guys seem to be thriving. I was just curious as some enclosures on here look so sparse and ours are "fully loaded" :)

@jajeanpierre no you're right I didn't mean it like Panthers/chameleons should have wide open cages, but the males definitely enjoy some openings to bask and hang out in.

You can have both in the same cage. My males are always sitting in the front out in the open but they have a choice and can retreat to dense vegetation. My Calumma malthe have a completely different enclosure than the graciliors have. I try to set up cages with open areas and heavy foliage at all levels of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom