Overall Temperature & Humidity

How does the pipes enter a closed mesh enclosure? No openings

You can either cut a hole in the screen and put the tubing in that way, or you can affix the hose in a configuration that points down and sits on top of the screen (suction cups, twisty ties). I've rigged up a PVC pipe structure that goes up from the fogger and hangs over the top of the enclosure. I drilled 1/4 inch holes in the pipe that overhangs the enclosure so that the fog comes out as a curtain instead of only the hose.

If you fog at night there's two important things to note. Nighttime temps should be low and you'll need to clean out the fogger regularly - every day or two with vinegar.

You can either cut a hole in the screen and put the tubing in that way, or you can affix the hose in a configuration that points down and sits on top of the screen (suction cups, twisty ties). I've rigged up a PVC pipe structure that goes up from the fogger and hangs over the top of the enclosure. I drilled 1/4 inch holes in the pipe that overhangs the enclosure so that the fog comes out as a curtain instead of only the hose.

If you fog at night there's two important things to note. Nighttime temps should be low and you'll need to clean out the fogger regularly - every day or two with vinegar.

you jusz nring tje fog
Sny way to the top and do not need to drill anything. Fog is heavier than the air so it will fall into the cage easily

You do not
Need to
Clean anything somofren
Once oer
Month is enough

It's a lot easier to mist by hand! Thanks anyway for your help

It's even easier to have an automated mister, lol. I am trying out fogging to see how it goes but I'm not sure if I can keep up with the maintenance that's required. I did finally get my house and air conditioning to cooperate and wrangle temps low enough to work with fogging.

you jusz nring tje fog
Sny way to the top and do not need to drill anything. Fog is heavier than the air so it will fall into the cage easily

You do not
Need to
Clean anything somofren
Once oer
Month is enough

Thanks, Petr. I drilled holes in my PVC pipe for the air to come out of it a certain way since the PVC is hanging over my cage horizontally. As you point out the fog just falls right down.

Re: cleaning, CDC recommends cleaning humidifiers once a week at least. Where I live in Central Florida things stay humid (60-70% during the day, I use a dehumidifier to bring this down for my cham) and if humidifiers don't dry out, they get moldy and mildewy super fast. The OP also has high humidity levels. So every other day seems prudent, and many threads on this forum about foggers mention being diligent with cleanings. Once a month seems like a bacteria bomb and RI waiting to happen - is that really what you'd recommend for all setups and all locations? What's your ambient humidity levels?

I agree with OP that setting up a fogger is definitely a challenge. I am giving it a try to improve my husbandry but it has not been easy. Finding the right fogger, the right info, and then actually setting it up is no small task. So I disagree with you that fogging is easier than hand misting. That doesn't mean it's not worthwhile. Just pointing out there are still barriers that need to be overcome in the community for this to be more common practice.

It's even easier to have an automated mister, lol. I am trying out fogging to see how it goes but I'm not sure if I can keep up with the maintenance that's required. I did finally get my house and air conditioning to cooperate and wrangle temps low enough to work with fogging.

Thanks, Petr. I drilled holes in my PVC pipe for the air to come out of it a certain way since the PVC is hanging over my cage horizontally. As you point out the fog just falls right down.

Re: cleaning, CDC recommends cleaning humidifiers once a week at least. Where I live in Central Florida things stay humid (60-70% during the day, I use a dehumidifier to bring this down for my cham) and if humidifiers don't dry out, they get moldy and mildewy super fast. The OP also has high humidity levels. So every other day seems prudent, and many threads on this forum about foggers mention being diligent with cleanings. Once a month seems like a bacteria bomb and RI waiting to happen - is that really what you'd recommend for all setups and all locations? What's your ambient humidity levels?

I agree with OP that setting up a fogger is definitely a challenge. I am giving it a try to improve my husbandry but it has not been easy. Finding the right fogger, the right info, and then actually setting it up is no small task. So I disagree with you that fogging is easier than hand misting. That doesn't mean it's not worthwhile. Just pointing out there are still barriers that need to be overcome in the community for this to be more common practice.
You migjt be right in caee of wxteemely high humidity
Mines sre low and ak am not jydteric anout cleaning ir

the fogger itself kills bacteria through mechanical destruction
The flow in relatively thin tunes is only one way
I jave tested mine, no mold, no bacteria
So, go for itmif your climate requires an adjustment...

You migjt be right in caee of wxteemely high humidity
Mines sre low and ak am not jydteric anout cleaning ir

the fogger itself kills bacteria through mechanical destruction
The flow in relatively thin tunes is only one way
I jave tested mine, no mold, no bacteria
So, go for itmif your climate requires an adjustment...

Thanks for the quick reply! I will closely observe and adjust based on how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom