Overall Temperature & Humidity

lthrbecks

Established Member
Ive a 100w halogen bulb 12 inches from Figaro's back. It cannot be altered in height. After trying the thermometer underneath it, it went up to a mighty 35°C/95°F. Of course i realise thats too high, therefore I'll try a wattage bulb around 75w or 50w to bring it down.

The overall temperature, isn't rising above 23°C/74°F this morning. I think thats ok, as long as there a heat spot for basking.

Any thoughts on the above matter would be much appreciated folks.

Thanks Mark

Ive a 100w halogen bulb 12 inches from Figaro's back. It cannot be altered in height. After trying the thermometer underneath it, it went up to a mighty 35°C/95°F. Of course i realise thats too high, therefore I'll try a wattage bulb around 75w or 50w to bring it down.

The overall temperature, isn't rising above 23°C/74°F this morning. I think thats ok, as long as there a heat spot for basking.

Any thoughts on the above matter would be much appreciated folks.

Thanks Mark
Temperatures: For an adult male, I would aim for high 70's to low 80's basking. I wouldn't go over 85 ever.

As for the humidity, Daytime 30-50% and nighttime high. It depends on if he gets fog the amount of misting sessions he gets. IMO, I fog my veiled and only mist her once a day at about 1pm. If you don't have a fogger I would aim for maybe two misting sessions during the day, and one during the night right before he goes to sleep to get high humidity for at least a couple hours of the night.

Temperatures: For an adult male, I would aim for high 70's to low 80's basking. I wouldn't go over 85 ever.

As for the humidity, Daytime 30-50% and nighttime high. It depends on if he gets fog the amount of misting sessions he gets. IMO, I fog my veiled and only mist her once a day at about 1pm. If you don't have a fogger I would aim for maybe two misting sessions during the day, and one during the night right before he goes to sleep to get high humidity for at least a couple hours of the night.

frankly, misting during daytime is a wrong practice increading the RI risk terribly
I in general do not like if a kid plays to give advice as if it would be an adult experiemced keeper... regsrdless the majority of the advice migjt be sort of OK

I'm going to raise the Arcadia 100w halogen bulb later. It was too hot at the cage level at 36°C. Its a much more superior light than the one I'm using. As long as its around the 28/29 that's the main achievement.

They don't need to drink if they get fogged... fog hydrates.

On the other hand, If you just gave him a misting before he goes to bed and he didnt drink then it wouldnt hydrate.

I never seen Hammy drink. Ive seen Figaro's urates and they're very white. I've been told, they're secret drinkers lol!
What's the difference between fogging and misting. Currently i mist a few times a day. Still not getting over 75% humidity, day or night!

This is what im looking at

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831_120626_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831_120626_com.android.chrome.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom