Over feeding my chameleon?

Hello everyone, about a week ago I got my first chameleon. A Tamatave Panther. He eats from my hand regularly and isn’t afraid, unfortunately he’s gotten pretty fat in the last few days. His diet consists of Crickets, mealworms, waxworms, and super worms. I’ve cought him several wild grass hoppers as well. He poops about once every two days. There is mixed advice all over the Internet as to how much I need to be feeding him. He is eight months old. How much should I be feeding him? Is it necessary to have calcium powder with every meal? Any advice on feeding will be appreciated.

Attachments

• EC8F498C-90AE-4504-B8CE-49A41702C458.jpeg
    EC8F498C-90AE-4504-B8CE-49A41702C458.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 95
I feed my adults 8 insects every other day silkworms, bsfl larvae & flys, crickets, an occasional wax worm or superworm. Mealworms will kill your cham, do not ever feed those

Thank you for your reply.Do you know where I can get silk worms or horn worms? They don’t sell them at pet stores in my area. Why do mealworms kill them?

Thank you for your reply.Do you know where I can get silk worms or horn worms? They don’t sell them at pet stores in my area. Why do mealworms kill them?

If pet stores in your area don’t sell them, your next best bet is online. A lot of the sponsors of these forums sell silk worms and hornworms.

As far as the meal worms go, they are bad because they are low nutritional value and their shells are hard and therefore are a serious risk for impaction which can lead to death

Back
Top Bottom