outside time

Hey

Was wondering about ways to give my veiled outside time. Should I purchase another cage or does someone have any idea on a better way. Also how much outside time a week should i give him. He is about 4 months old.

If he is young, I would probably purchase another cage for the outside (in the shade). I would probably give him about 30-45 minutes of outside time, depending on how often you take him outside.

First of all where do you live? An outdoor cage is the safest way to go. If you get a large plant or potted tree that can work too but you must be aware that they need to be watched at all times if you are gonna go this route. They can take off in an instant or get eaten by a bird. If you get a cage, make sure you provide shade and a water source. Depending on your temps and where you live will determine how long he should be outside. I live in Fla and my cham has been outside all day but it is beautiful in the high 70's and lots of sunshine!

I live in San Diego so most of the time the weather is nice. I will be watching him on his outside time be have way to many HAWK where I live so I agree a cage would better. Would direct sun be better or just a nice Shade spot on my patio? It have very bright light and a nice brezze but not a direct sunny spot.

My cage pretty much sits in the sun but it has so much foilage in there, so it creates alot of shade. This way if he wants to bask fine, if not he goes to a shaded area. I know what you mean about the Hawks. There had to be about 6 or 7 of them circling above today. As I said in another thread today, not only did I almost have mine swooped up by one, I also came outside one day and there was a large hawk bouncing up and down on top of the cage! i shoulda grabbed my camera but instead I freaked and ran towards the cage screaming and it took off and sat on the eelctrical wires that are above the cage. You never can be too careful!!! So to answer your question, direct sun is fine as long as there is shade.

Wow I would have freaked out to see a Hawk sitting on my boys cage. Ok well next project is to build and ouside cage this is so fun. Thanks for all the help

You are welcome! check out my photo album. My daughter and her boyfriend built me an awesome outdoor cage if you wanna get some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom