Outdoor temperatures for Panthers

pasquia

I am putting my 3 adult panthers outside during the day in a full sun location but with plenty of vegetation for shade if needed.Question is what would be the minimum night temperatures they could safely handle as I am considering leaving them out on warmer nights rather than bring them back and forth into the house.Thanks

This is from the Panther Care Sheet.

Panther Chameleons - General Care

Temperature:
Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 82F (28C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85-90F (29-32C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 80-85F (26-29C)

Ambient temperature refers to the temperature near the bottom of the cage and basking temperature refers to the hottest point accessible to your chameleon. Basking is where a chameleon absorbs heat from an external overhead source to help regulate their body temperature; it also promotes proper digestion and a healthy metabolism. Nighttime temperatures can safely drop down to 50F (10C) so a night heat source should not be used unless temperatures are lower than this. If night heat is needed a ceramic heat emitter or space heater should be used, not a light bulb, even red or black bulbs.

It' s ok I am in Canada and getting high 70's - low 80's as daytime highs,lots of full sun though, may use heat lamp for cooler days to provide warmer basking area

Back
Top Bottom