Outdoor Set Up

ronstafari

SO today I started setting up my cages and drain tables. I live in Central Florida so temperatures are perfect here, but my question is will i still need a basking bulb.? The cages will be out in the lanai with plenty of live plants to hide in to cool down, but should i still keep all my lights set up on their cages?

If they are not getting exposed to natural sunlight, then you will still need a UVB light. Basking will really depend on what temperatures you are getting in your lanai.

If they are not getting exposed to natural sunlight, then you will still need a UVB light. Basking will really depend on what temperatures you are getting in your lanai.

The past few days it's been about 85 with direct sunlight until around 6 before my house blocks the sun. And thanks for the quick response. This will the first time I've done an out door set up. I've been taking them outside everyday for2-4 hours free ranging. Except my Nosy Mitsio female she likes to really explore and get out of her tree. So i have to keep a constant eye on her.

I am curious about this too! I also live in central Florida, I recently moved my veiled to an outdoor enclosure. My concern is the temps in the summer..I know some folks leave chams outdoor all year long, with the exception of freezing weather.
I was told also if they are getting natural sunlight don't supplement with D3.

Back
Top Bottom