Outdoor - San Antonio Year Round?

I lived in San Antonio for a long time and I think it could be doable. You would need to ensure they aren't getting too much sun throughout the day and are mostly in the shade with the need to move around depending on temps. I think it is a lot more work to have them outside as there are a lot of different elements you have to contend with. Where inside, you can easily control the conditions. We had ours in a sunroom which was more manageable and easy to move inside during winter. We would have them out there from the middle of March to May. Once temps are hitting 90s we would bring them back in.

1585874930815.png

I was just trying to compare weather, and I saw this is what made me start thinking about it, I also have a fairly large gazeebo next to my pool in the back, I was thinking of just screening it in for a extra extra large enclosure and running one of those patio misters inside of it during the summer?

View attachment 262397

I was just trying to compare weather, and I saw this is what made me start thinking about it, I also have a fairly large gazeebo next to my pool in the back, I was thinking of just screening it in for a extra extra large enclosure and running one of those patio misters inside of it during the summer?
That actually sounds like a pretty awesome idea for an enclosure. Just make sure that nothing can dig in to the enclosure (i.e. rats, opossums). I've heard have people who have their chameleons killed by opossums. Just screen in the bottom with 1/2" hardware cloth

That actually sounds like a pretty awesome idea for an enclosure. Just make sure that nothing can dig in to the enclosure (i.e. rats, opossums). I've heard have people who have their chameleons killed by opossums. Just screen in the bottom with 1/2" hardware cloth
Before getting 2 chams i was so excited i wanted to turn the guestroom in an enclosure
To bad i am just a 13yr old and my parents didn't aproove the idea

Back
Top Bottom