Outdoor free range question

lainezor

Yesterday I saw a great sale on some nice looking Hibiscuses at Costco and I thought they would be good for my chameleons to sit on outside. I want to keep it on the balcony of my apartment for my sun time for my chams. I am really scared of something hurting my chameleons outside, like a bird or something, which I know is probably a silly concern but would putting a reptibreeze cage outside on the balcony block out the suns UVB or would it be good still?

Yesterday I saw a great sale on some nice looking Hibiscuses at Costco and I thought they would be good for my chameleons to sit on outside. I want to keep it on the balcony of my apartment for my sun time for my chams. I am really scared of something hurting my chameleons outside, like a bird or something, which I know is probably a silly concern but would putting a reptibreeze cage outside on the balcony block out the suns UVB or would it be good still?

I would never put a cham outdoors without an enclosure, even on a balcony. Too many risks that are easily avoided by using a cage (threats from large corvids, cats, rats, potential falls or loss if the cham manages to climb away from the shrub). A less expensive Reptarium, a modified parrot cage, or even wrapping the shrub with "Bird-X" netting would be safer.

Yeah I am willing to pay the extra money to ensure total safety of my chams. They are my family. I think I will be buying yet another reptibreeze cage for outside.

Back
Top Bottom