Outdoor Enclosure

I need to put my chameleon out side as my mom want more room in the house i just feel like he would get sick with the night i live in cali in la would covering his enclosure a night help.

I'm in Long Beach. Summer temperatures would be fine but you are going to have a problem with winter night time temps that can dip into the 30's sometimes. You are going to need more than a blanket. Keep him in a couple months longer and/or consider a ceramic heat emitter for night. You might get by if you could bring him and his cage in at night?
If none of that can be done maybe you should think about rehoming him.

I'm in Long Beach. Summer temperatures would be fine but you are going to have a problem with winter night time temps that can dip into the 30's sometimes. You are going to need more than a blanket. Keep him in a couple months longer and/or consider a ceramic heat emitter for night. You might get by if you could bring him and his cage in at night?
If none of that can be done maybe you should think about rehoming him.
I think i can bring him inside during the night when do u think it will be fine to leave him out june?

make a green house for him! Its not as hard as u think. During summer days it needs lots of ventilation though of he could die in as short as an hour of the heat! Green houses in the summer can get to 130+ degrees pretty fast. But they retain warmth at night really well, so look into it! I am go to be building a custom one myself in the near future so keep an Eye out for a video tutorial going forward.

June might be fine depending on your local temps. You will need overnight temps to be minimum in the 60's preferably 70's or use a heat emitter. You may need to supplement the day time temps with a heat source on cooler days. You will also need to up your misting schedule especially when the Santa Ana winds blow. A space in the garage or a green house as suggested above might make it easier to regulate. We leave ours out during the day most of the summer but it depends on the weather report.

Back
Top Bottom