Outdoor cage rack

coldbloodedAL

Avid Member
Since the weather is starting to break this weekend here in Michigan, I'm in a rush to get the chams outside. With busy weeks ahead for work, I had to come up with something easy so the chams can be outside while I work on the permanent outdoor cages bit by bit.

All materials used so far has been left over/ extra from other projects. So aside from what it will cost to seal it, its cost me nothing. The basic idea was to use the spare bakers rack shelves I had, and build a wooden frame for them to sit in.(The cages going on this one are Tiki tiki custom bakers rack cages). Inside dimensions are 18"x10'

"The Brady rack"

huvazu4u.jpg

One rack in...
e7u6ajuv.jpg

Two racks in...
aha9adeq.jpg

Why the extra two feet?

One end will be mounted to my privacy fence. With the movement of the sun, I don't want cages right up against it. It'll will be planked and stained to use as a work station/feeder area.

That's about all I got done today, after 12 hours of work I was just lacking motivation to go further with it.:eek:

But I will update through the weekend til completion :)

Oh ok, was wondering how many engieneiring hours went into that shelf with the actuall building-:D

Didn't think it was beer-30 yet:p

Oh ok, was wondering how many engieneiring hours went into that shelf with the actuall building-:D

Didn't think it was beer-30 yet:p
Haha.. I actually thought this up on my way home from work. Traffic sucks! Lol.

Long days. Looks interesting though I think I'm going to subscribe.

It surely won't be spectacular, just something to get me by for another month or two while the actual cages are being built. I thought it may spark some other ideas for members looking to set something up outside.

On top of all this, I'm hoping to completely rid my cham room of manufactured screen cages to something a bit nicer. I'd LOVE to go mostly glass, but there's the cost factor. So MOAR BUILDING IT IS :D

Haha.. I actually thought this up on my way home from work. Traffic sucks! Lol.

It surely won't be spectacular, just something to get me by for another month or two while the actual cages are being built. I thought it may spark some other ideas for members looking to set something up outside.

On top of all this, I'm hoping to completely rid my cham room of manufactured screen cages to something a bit nicer. I'd LOVE to go mostly glass, but there's the cost factor. So MOAR BUILDING IT IS :D

DIY enclosures are the best. If you did not put all your money into your chameleons you would have more epic enclosures. Good luck!

Last edited:
Very true! Epic enclosure> Epic chameleons! But ALL my money is certainly not put into my chameleons. Epic enclosures are to come!
Did somebody say EpicChameleons? lol Great looking start to your set up. Mistking makes a larger pump than the one in the starter kit.It has to be ordered direct.Nobody carries them in the US that im aware of.

Yes we can!

:D

Did somebody say EpicChameleons? lol Great looking start to your set up. Mistking makes a larger pump than the one in the starter kit.It has to be ordered direct.Nobody carries them in the US that im aware of.

I thought that may trigger a response from you, Curt!;)

I have a starter system pump(Won't be used for this, just my bradypodion which will be in a different area of the yard) and a pump from the ultimate system, which is bigger than the starter.

I see your point and everything but one thing is holding all that up...YOU GET MORE SNOW!

Believe me the beer is plentiful around these parts.

Back
Top Bottom