outdoor cage and yard pics

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I got tired of buggin my hubby to build the outdoor cage, so I went on Craiglist and found a whopper! It housed an iguana, so I scrubbed it all down and Today I got my hubby to add some legs to raise it up a bit and put some wheels on it to navigate it around in and out of the sun. Then added lots of branches and 3 plants. I need one more ! Romeo seems to be enjoying it! so here are some pics of the cage, the cham, and the landscape!
DSC03195.jpg

DSC03189.jpg

DSC03190.jpg

DSC03193.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

WOW :eek: Thats a beautiful back yard. Just one question how do you know when your cham can be out there meaning temps winds and all other variables also should the cage be placed where he can get sun and shade half and half?

WOW :eek: Thats a beautiful back yard. Just one question how do you know when your cham can be out there meaning temps winds and all other variables also should the cage be placed where he can get sun and shade half and half?

Oh thanks! When my cham is out there I will be home. I would never leave him outside without me being here. I still have my indoor cage(which he is in right now) and my patio for him to cruise around in for free range. As far as the sun, I make sure there is shade as the sun moves! That's why the cage is on wheels! Don't worry, I have my bases covered. I just put him out there officially today to see how he liked it and I must have made like 20 check ups on him. lol! Also with the plants there is plenty of shade down below. As far as the temps, it was in the high 70's today and sometimes he was sunning and other times he was in the back part of the cage where it is totally shaded. So he knows what to do!!! Thanks for your concern though!

Oh thanks! When my cham is out there I will be home. I would never leave him outside without me being here. I still have my indoor cage(which he is in right now) and my patio for him to cruise around in for free range. As far as the sun, I make sure there is shade as the sun moves! That's why the cage is on wheels! Don't worry, I have my bases covered. I just put him out there officially today to see how he liked it and I must have made like 20 check ups on him. lol! Also with the plants there is plenty of shade down below. As far as the temps, it was in the high 70's today and sometimes he was sunning and other times he was in the back part of the cage where it is totally shaded. So he knows what to do!!! Thanks for your concern though!

oh I had no concern I was asking for me :D cause I am building an out door cage now and was just wanting to ask some one that keeps their chams outside.

Wow Carol!!!

Everything looks great!!! Fabulous infact! I love it... no wonder Romeo is soooo spoiled! LOL!:p

oh I had no concern I was asking for me :D cause I am building an out door cage now and was just wanting to ask some one that keeps their chams outside.

Hey, I appreciate the fact that you noticed that! Could have been something I overlooked. At that particular moment I had the cage turned for the pictures so yeah it kinda looked like I was baking my chameleon! lol! anyways, I see you are in California so you too have the luxury of year round sun. I look at it this way, it is like they are out in the wild (sort of) in the outdoor cages and will get sun when then want it and get out of it when they see fit. He was in and out of the sun all day. Nothing beats good ole natural sunlight!! Also, constantly checking to see if he was opening his mouth and overheating, but not once. Ran a dripper in there all day and then misted a few times. He was good to go!

Hey, I appreciate the fact that you noticed that! Could have been something I overlooked. At that particular moment I had the cage turned for the pictures so yeah it kinda looked like I was baking my chameleon! lol! anyways, I see you are in California so you too have the luxury of year round sun. I look at it this way, it is like they are out in the wild (sort of) in the outdoor cages and will get sun when then want it and get out of it when they see fit. He was in and out of the sun all day. Nothing beats good ole natural sunlight!! Also, constantly checking to see if he was opening his mouth and overheating, but not once. Ran a dripper in there all day and then misted a few times. He was good to go!

Yea I wish I had the temps you had tho here in the desert I am lucky if its under 90 today was 86 and my male gets to hot in anything over 84. So all around sun with to much dry dry heat. Its the desert for ya it could be 110 day time and drop 50 degrees at night. Once my cage is done I'll have to show see what you think.

ok sounds good! I lucked out with this thing on Craigslist. Got it for $30!!! It was just what I was looking for! And my husband is happy he didn't have to build one. just tweeked this one in about an hour and he was back to watching his sports on TV!

ok sounds good! I lucked out with this thing on Craigslist. Got it for $30!!! It was just what I was looking for! And my husband is happy he didn't have to build one. just tweeked this one in about an hour and he was back to watching his sports on TV!

wow you scored. I just put together a 4'x4'x8' cage it hardly fits in my garage when I was building it. Any way any ideas on how to decorate it? With vines and branches etc?

Tell bigwigrabbit to bring 4 margaritas, me, you, bigwigrabbit, and my panther. LOL

Back
Top Bottom