Oustaleti

SonjaArndt

Any else have Oustaleti chameleons? I have a question about my possibly gravid female.
20190324_081058.jpg

Not a popular breed, you should just ask your question, they are similar in care requirements to Panther's.

Not a popular breed, you should just ask your question, they are similar in care requirements to Panther's.

I am wondering what color pattern she will turn if she is gravid. We recently purchased a Male and Female and were told the female was starting to hang out at the bottom of her tall plant. She doesnt seem very interested in food. I have 2 egg beds in her cage. 3 times now I found her laying at the bottom of her cage. The first time I saw her when I originally went to meet her before purchasing she was a darker green color and when we went and picked her up to bring her home she was a much paler shad of green. Was hoping someone had a pic out there of a gravid female. The man we got her from thought she might be wanting to lay eggs. She is about 10 months old now.

Was just thinking that could be a sign of her being sick/dehydrated. What's your watering like? Have your had a fecal exam done recently?

Have not had a fecal exam done. She has a dripper in her cage and I spray her plants and inside of cage 3 to 4 times a day. I am home most of the day if not all day so she gets spoiled with attention. Maybe too much?? I read somewhere about putting them in the shower on a tree or branch. I did that today. It made her skin look nicer. I then put up a bedsheet around 2 sides of her cage to try and give her privacy. Started wondering if she wasnt using the egg bed because I pester her too much. After several hours of not bothering her or even looking at her I went over and peeked around the bed sheet..... she was actually going down into the egg bed. Maybe I need to back off and quit hovering. I will keep the sheet up and see if anything changes. I really appreciate your thoughts and time on messaging me about the watering. Planning to get an automatic sprayer soon. Ps.....I cant tell if my messages are only going back to you or if they are posted to everyone in the forum. I am not very familiar with posting on forums....so I cant tell if my reply is working so everyone can see it or not. I had a heck of a time trying to find my post even. Lol

Yup you're posting for everyone on the forum (y). If you say she's trying to lay eggs definitely give her a break and don't let her see you while digging.

To me though it looks like she is very sick/dehydrated as mentioned. I think a vet trip+fecal exam is in order. Her eyes are very sunken In. The shower method is a great way to rehydrate. You could also add hornworms. The dripper and hand spraying may not be enough, I would get an automatic mister if you can.

Yup you're posting for everyone on the forum (y). If you say she's trying to lay eggs definitely give her a break and don't let her see you while digging.

To me though it looks like she is very sick/dehydrated as mentioned. I think a vet trip+fecal exam is in order. Her eyes are very sunken In. The shower method is a great way to rehydrate. You could also add hornworms. The dripper and hand spraying may not be enough, I would get an automatic mister if you can.

I will try hornworms! We just got some to try and breed them. I will keep up on the shower until I get an automatic sprayer. A fecal sample sounds like it's in order. Thanks again.

she looks beautiful though, i would also try a shower. its good because it gives her a chance to experience "rain" and running water on a larger scale. if you dont want to do a shower try a 5 min mist. chams all seem to love anything that moves to moving water droplets are very enticing to chams.

she looks beautiful though, i would also try a shower. its good because it gives her a chance to experience "rain" and running water on a larger scale. if you dont want to do a shower try a 5 min mist. chams all seem to love anything that moves to moving water droplets are very enticing to chams.
I did the shower trick again. Her skin definitly seems less tight, if that's a thing. I also ordered the mistking starter kit today. I will keep up on the shower each day till it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom