oustalet ??

cbeal1

Ok so I ordered a male oustalets chameleon and it arrives next Tuesday. I requested a younger male. So that's what I should be getting. So anyways, lol I was wondering how much they should be misted? I have a mist king and I'll be using that for the majority of the misting. And also I have a 30"x30"x56" screen reptarium and was wondering if that is big enough for him at adult hood? And if anyone had anything to share about them thaT would be great! Such as temperament and cage setups.

Thanks everyone

I have never owned an oustalet, you are getting one of the few I missed. All I can offer it your cage should be a great size. Can't wait to see pictures.

Have you tried using the search button on here? Their are very few of them around here but i'd suggest using that.,

That was a little rude. Yes I have noticed the "search" option but when you search for them not a lot comes up. Just figured I would just ask.

Thanks for the info on my cage size. I'll post some pics as soon as I receive him! I'll post pics of his setup later this week to before he arrives to see if I need to make some changes.

I mist my Oustalet's twice a day for about 20-30 seconds. They are not big drinkers though and I rarely catch mine drinking. Your cage size should be good, but bigger is better! I built a couple of 6'x2'x4' cages for my guys outside and when temps are too hot in AZ, I have a couple 2x2x4s. They like warm temps. I keep my ambient temps around 85 and basking temps in the high 90s. Humidity I keep in the 30s-40s and my guys do very well. They are very hardy though and very easy to care for. Let me know if you have any questions.

That was a little rude. Yes I have noticed the "search" option but when you search for them not a lot comes up. Just figured I would just ask.

Why was that rude? I was simply suggesting it because many people dont notice it.

Ohhh and another reason why I ask is because alot of the info I do find is quite different from other info I find. Just trying to be sure of things you know. Maybe it wasn't rude, but it kinda came off as rude, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thank you very much for the information! I'm sure I'll be asking you a bunch of questions along the way. Bigger is better but my girl friend would kill me if I built a cage that big!

Back
Top Bottom