Oustalet Owners

I think an 8 inch male would be fine in a cage that big. He will definitely grow into it, and the cb babies I had all seemed to grow to adult size quite quickly. You might want to set up feeding stations if he has any trouble finding food, but I've always thought of Ousties to be one of the most aggressive feeders, chasing down as many bugs as they can get whether they're loose in the cage or in a feeding bowl.

I am sitting here looking at a 65, a 100, and a 175, and I truly would not go bigger than the 100.

ACKKK! controversial information!

Edit: i dont mean to take sides but i think if i have feeding station and such, a 260 would be fine, its like being in a free range, AND in the wild they wouldnt have a cage restraint.

I kept mine in 6 foot tall by 3.5 by 4.5 cages. If you don't mind the time to hand feed, they'll come running to you after just a couple sessions. I wouldn't worry about having a 8in juvie in a cage that size now, personally. But, if you're worried about it, by all means start smaller. I think ch Oustalet's are so hardy either way will work fine.

Not controversy-just opinions! :) If he is thriving in the large cage, then all is well, if not-move him to a smaller cage! I was shocked at how tiny my 2 month old CH "Giant Madagascar Chameleon" was when he arrived!

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

And Now:
DSCN3505.jpg

Last edited:
HEY, i got a few outstalets from jim a while back i can't recomend them enough he has a great bunch i am so happy with them i can't wait to start my breeding project with these guys ! Jim is a great guy to buy from he has no problems answering any questions you have and he doesn't treat you like he's in a hurry and your taking up his time! When i placed my order i was on the phone for over 30 minutes just picking his brain hes knows his sh@# when it comes to these critters. i got tips on incubating panther eggs and using wine coolers for montaine species and finally i had to make up an excuse to get of the phone hahaha now that kind of customer service is hard to come by. So good luck with your oustalets i think you'll love them as much as i do.:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom