Oustalet Female :)

We love Oustalets. Check out this female. :)

Attachments

• Chameleon Cans.jpg
    Chameleon Cans.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 218
Thanks so much. She is amazing. Her name is Ant. Probably a pretty common name for an Oustalet. We will end 2014 with three or four different locales of Oustalets and handful of babies to sell from each project. We have been a third party in several shipments of Madagascar and the information we have received is hopefully correct. We have a Florida locale, Ambositra, Antananarivo and an unknown. We received a second unknown this year but they were shipped to an facility in Ann Arbor. Since, we did not collect them ourselves its likely that the info we received is misleading. However, based on colors, they seem to look a little different from different areas. We will definitely be able to have a better understanding once some of these eggs hatch. Our plan is to keep a 5.20 of each "locale." Right now, we are sitting on a little more than 1K of eggs from several different females. However, that is going to eat up a lot of space and being that we still have several wild caughts that we were able to pull around, we shall see. Fingers crossed we are able to find something unique about these big friendly giants.

Thanks so much. She is amazing. Her name is Ant. Probably a pretty common name for an Oustalet. We will end 2014 with three or four different locales of Oustalets and handful of babies to sell from each project. We have been a third party in several shipments of Madagascar and the information we have received is hopefully correct. We have a Florida locale, Ambositra, Antananarivo and an unknown. We received a second unknown this year but they were shipped to an facility in Ann Arbor. Since, we did not collect them ourselves its likely that the info we received is misleading. However, based on colors, they seem to look a little different from different areas. We will definitely be able to have a better understanding once some of these eggs hatch. Our plan is to keep a 5.20 of each "locale." Right now, we are sitting on a little more than 1K of eggs from several different females. However, that is going to eat up a lot of space and being that we still have several wild caughts that we were able to pull around, we shall see. Fingers crossed we are able to find something unique about these big friendly giants.

You are going big!!! you want 5.20 from each locale and have 1K eggs? What does your set up look like? You must have a ton of room. But they truly are beauties.

You are going big!!! you want 5.20 from each locale and have 1K eggs? What does your set up look like? You must have a ton of room. But they truly are beauties.

Yeah that is crazy… you must have a warehouse… probably two. Would Love to see pictures of your set up.

We can house about 80 comfortably in our basement with separate rooms for males and females. We have five rooms in our basement that our reptile and amphibians have started taking over. I will take pictures once we get a little further on. Next year, I will have a free roaming area in my 2nd grade classroom. My wife also has room in her 5th grade classroom for a free roaming area. We will probably move the Florida Oustalets in with a friend and concentrate on the locales from Madagascar. Right now we only have 37 wild caught oustalets. Our Florida oustalets will be hatching in the next couple months which is very exciting. We also have axolotl, Iberian ribbed newts, a variety of dart frogs and an amazing gecko, Ebenavia Inunguis project. We have been lucky that the axolotl have been able to fund all of our cages, shelving and new additions. It has been a lot of work this year. However, the plan is to match our teachers salary with sales in the next couple of years before "federal and state test scores" ruin public schools and education which will push education into private schools. Teaching in an elementary school is an amazing experience. I will miss that if we are able to pull off the reptile dream. We are dreaming big but have a pretty good chance and the variable of time to consider. It is not going to happen in the next 24 hours. :)

That sounds like you are gonna have alot of work to do. good luck! Here I thought I gave all my spare time to my 4 chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom