Our Chameleon "Lab"

gesang: You have a very (very) nice set-up. It belongs in a magazine article! I think many herps would like to see . . .

Off topic: So what types/kinds of microscopes is everyone using? what could someone get away with getting that is usable but economical also? I know it would be nice to take/save pictures but those do not fit into my budget at this time, plus I only have 6chams now. I searched the net and ebay and the cheapest one that lets you hook up to a computer was $140. I figure something like this you get what you pay for though . . .

Jim

Microscopes........

A group of us got our microscopes through a big seller on Ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Precision-World_W0QQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247

The seller, Precision World, is the storefront for the maker of the equipment, AmScope. Once you get to a certain number of chams in your collection, it does become less expensive to buy the equipment and supplies. After doing 25 fecals myself, the microscope, camera and all the lab supply costs will be recouped. That will take me only a couple of weeks to do because of the number of chams I have.

I know it may be somewhat embarrassing at first to post pictures of parasite issues we have. But the more we do it, the more others will realize how common it is. They are much more common in the captive bred community than people realize. People seem to test fecals after the cham has a problem. I've always tested right after I got any cham whether captive bred or wild caught. I have to tell you that I have found about 1/4 of my captive bred purchases to have a parasite issue. I think we need to do things on this forum to encourage testing...............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom