Other suggestions ?

BECHARD4

Established Member
I currently have a 2 X 2 X 4 reptibreeze. I am not really happy with this set up and the ficus tree always seems to have bugs or worms in the pot. I have taken the pot out a couple of times in the last 6 months to clean all the roots and re-pot. Currently the layers are soil, then 1-2 inches of sands, then about 1 - 2 inches of stones. I do have a dripper on top of the enclosure that is running a couple times during the day.
Should I do something totally different or just keeping re-potting? I appreciate any input. Enclosure.jpg

It's almost impossible to get the bugs out of soil when they have already layed eggs and been there for a wile I would suggest using a little dish soap and water mixture during the next time you try to repot the plant or a better suggestion would be to try a new plant w/o bugs depending where you get it from ex. Home depo or walmart it may be difficult unless it's an indoor plant

Have you considered a fake ficus tree similar to yours in size and then maybe add some live Pothos vines? That might help with keeping the bug level down.

have you removed the plant and completely washed the roots of all dirt?

If not, then you didnt really get rid of the bugs.

Thank you for the suggestions.
In the past I have completed removed the plant from the enclosure and removed as much as the dirt as possible from the roots and started with new dirt and sand.

Back
Top Bottom