ordering crickets from lllreptile

DraaKo

I was wondering do they do a good job when it comes to keeping crickets alive in th mail.I am looking for a new place to order and they look pretty good.

Does anyone have any opinions/advise with them?

I would greatly appreciate any comments Thanks.

lllreptile is in california, a litte bit far. is there any breeders closer to you. i think the farther the transit, the more chances the percentage of fatalities will be higher, because its further, the more exchanges of hands, trucks, sun, abuse ,everything associated with shipping.

I've ordered from lll a few times with very few fatalities, and I live in Orlando. I didn't know Lucky Lure was here, that's interesting...

The only problem I've had (and I haven't found a place that doesn't do this) is that the crickets are just in a box, so getting them into their keeper is pretty much impossible... so you'll get escapees, not fatalities.

I've ordered from lll a few times with very few fatalities, and I live in Orlando. I didn't know Lucky Lure was here, that's interesting...

The only problem I've had (and I haven't found a place that doesn't do this) is that the crickets are just in a box, so getting them into their keeper is pretty much impossible... so you'll get escapees, not fatalities.

im thinkin a discount on shipping.lol.technically they are in leesburg, but i think thats close. and i open the box in a large tupperware container. escapees are kept to minimal.

LLL Reptile do not breed crickets... they are the middle man. I do not know who they use... but I know that the vender is on the east coast. Thats why people on the east coast never have issues with DOAs... but on the west side... we get them all the time.

I didn't like my experience due to the DOA count and the number of times my order was incorrect.

I just recently ordered from Top hat and they had great packaging and no fatalities. They are located by Grand Rapids, MI

flukers has always been on point, lll is a middle man, west coast shipments dont do well at all, i had a little less than 50% doa the few times i tried them. and the orders were wrong

Put the box inside a big lawn size garbage bag upside down, open it, and simply shake the contents out into the bag. Then you can easily shake all the crickets off of each egg crate and then pour the bag contents into whatever keeper you use. No escapees, ever (unless the bag is ripped, which does happen :rolleyes: ).

LLL's crickets used to come from a West Coast supplier, but they might well come from the East coast now. I think they just use whoever gives them the lowest bid (and LLL is a good account to have) so it probably changes periodically.

I would try eBugCo.com for crickets. They package better than anyone, and their prices aren't bad either. I have had good experiences with Millbrook, and American Cricket for a long time, but eventually ACR messed up 3 or 4 orders in a row so I switched to Millbrook and eBugCo.

Put the box inside a big lawn size garbage bag upside down, open it, and simply shake the contents out into the bag. Then you can easily shake all the crickets off of each egg crate and then pour the bag contents into whatever keeper you use. No escapees, ever (unless the bag is ripped, which does happen :rolleyes: ).

Ah, I tried this once, but I only had small kitchen garbage bags and the box was slightly too big to make that a productive effort... I'm glad to see I was on the right track though lol. Also, last time I ordered from Premiere Crickets or something like that and I asked them to cut the egg crates in half so they would fit in my keeper, so that made it a LOT easier to just pick up the crates and drop em in.

Thanks again for the replys now i have more places to shop around and find the one that's best for me. Top hat looks good !

Thanks
Brent

Back
Top Bottom